Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

My Place

Hi guys,

I just wanted to have a thread where I could talk about things that make me happy without bothering anyone else.

So on Sunday a week ago I planted some seeds into a metal tub. Some veggie seeds. Carrots, garlic chives and although it’s not the season for it I threw in some cucumber seeds. 

Well yesterday, only a week after planting I noticed my first little green shoot. Then today, there are a bunch of green shoots. Funnily enough I think it’s the cucumbers that have come up first. I may have to make a cloche to help them grow in the cooler weather. The tub is sitting on a concrete path so hopefully that will help keep the soil a bit warmer. I moved them a bit more into the sunshine today as we noticed that the carport was casting shade on them quite early in the afternoon. 

I am so happy to see their green little faces pushing up from under that dark earth. Gives me hope in all things. I love to watch things grow. It makes me happy to think that I have played a part in that. 

Every day I water them and have a chat with them. How are you today my seeds? I hope that you will grow soon! Now I can encourage them to grow bigger and stronger. 

I can’t wait to set up my other veggie garden and grow more things. I am especially looking forward to planting my tomatoes come spring.

@tonys 

Meggle

852 REPLIES 852

Re: My Place

Hi @Oaktree,

I hope you don't mind me responding to your post but the way you described your joy in planting seeds and watching them spring to life made me smile. I particularly love the way you talk about `their little green faces pushing up'.

I agree with you, I think it's a great idea to have a thread where you can talk about things that make you happy. I think happiness can be contagious sometimes - your post definitely helped me feel happy 🙂.

Good luck with your veggies!

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

Thanks @FloatingFeather 

No I don’t mind at all.

Thanks for your response.

Meggle

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Sounds good @Oaktree . I thought I'd lost my garlic chives but they're reshooting from the base.

I've got some old packets of seed. I might look and see what I've got. Some broad beans would be good. And I need to plant my Spring bulbs.

By the way, you never bother me on my thread... I'm happy to see you. Just saying.

Thanks so much for saying that @Dimity 

I do feel welcome most places on the forums but sometimes there is not quite the right place to post something. That’s why I posted here.

Meggle

@Oaktree fair enough. I enjoy The Community Garden . People occasionally share about their gardens there.

Thanks @Dimity 

I have never heard of that thread.

Meggle

Another thing that made me happy yesterday was that I finally cleaned my bedroom. Got rid of all the stuff off the floor and vacuumed it. Made my bedroom my sanctuary. Very happy with myself after months of good intentions.

Meggle

tonys
Senior Contributor

@Oaktree    I  opened up the hatch on my rusty old tank and its all   different,   where did the bar n tumbleweeds go.   

Have you tagged me to a brand new thread.   I'll just slip out of my cowboy gear and put my 

farming clothes back on.   Ah...  Ah    turn around ...   no peeking..      OK   well thanks for the invite

megs and I'll toss my swag in the barn..  

Veggies are up.   You beauty,   well done  Meggle.     I'll  have to look in tonight,  see whats doin.

Who  else is coming to your patch,  and better let me know what the house rules are. boots on or off..

Better leave tonys 2guns    back at that 'other town'.   Don't want to be the party pooper.

best wishes to you my friend..    tonys...  

Zoe7
Community Guide

@Oaktree I always love seeing you here on the forums and this is such a wonderfully bright post to read. Gardens can bring us so much joy - especially planting from seeds and watching things grow. It is often an analogy for healing ourselves also - from small things, bigger things grow but you have to plant the seeds first 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance