Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Mood Improvement /feel like I am in a type of recovery phase regarding mental health

Hi Everyone another post but just to kind of sum things up for the time being I had a very bad weekend of self loathing again,but the good news is my mood has improoved over the last few days since then,so am not feeling as negative about myself,I think focussing on goals as well as self care and creativity helps with mood improovement,I also had another in depth talk with my Aunt who really understands what its like,mind you I think the Depression ect is most likely inherited as I am not the only family member with mental health issues or whos on meds for it either,in terms of recovery whilst still very much on the journey Ive spent lots of time resting and making efforts with things like music and cooking,basically anything creative that helps me refind some inspiration and self confidence again ,Talking To the Sane Help line really did start off with the support that I needed so definetly reccomend calling Sane if in need of support to help pick yourself back up,as for today well I cooked a homemade meal and am currently traeting myself to a few scoops of ice cream,also booked in something fun to do to get out of the house this weekend,might do some writting or watch another show on Netflix,drank lots of tea yesterday instead of coffee and as for the people in my life that Ive felt unsupported by Im steering clear of those certain family memebrs,Im trying to satay away from other peoples negative opinions of me as I dont want more hurt added to the already issue of recurring self loathing that to be honest I dont like and when I do self loath it kind of feels like those feelings feel out of control anyway trying to focus on the positives,seeing my doctor tomorow,been taking my meds this week,getting lots of rest and trying to have a more positive outlook of self,take care everyone have a good day,the good news is my mood has improoved from where its been  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mood Improvement /feel like I am in a type of recovery phase regarding mental health

Thanks so much for sharing ❤️. I just logged back in as a distraction from my (oft neglected) nightly self care routine. After reading your post I've decided to stop avoiding and start doing what I need to so that I can feel and be better.

Re: Mood Improvement /feel like I am in a type of recovery phase regarding mental health

So good to hear @LostAngel ❤️thank you for sharing and giving me inspiration to push on X

WoW so happy it Helped @RedHorse Heart and @Cin your welcome Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance