Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

KEJ
Senior Contributor

Making new friends

Hi there!

I am pretty new here. I would love to make new friends and also share supports to those who need it. At times I would like support too. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Making new friends

Hi @KEJ Welcome!

I'm glad you're here Smiley Happy

Hi @KEJ 

Welcome to the SANE forums. You will find plenty of support. Would you like to start by telling us a bit about yourself?

I used to live in the Pilbara. That was about 10 years ago. I have suffered a mishap in a working environment. I suffered mental illnesses and I became a revolving door to the mental services. Frequently flying down by RFDS. Then head home by plane. I would last a few days to a week. I have stayed in the Mental Support Services in Western Australia. It has helped me a lot. I have learnt a lot of strategies to help with my voices and ongoing mental issues. I miss my husband who still lives in the Pilbara. My only daughter now lives in South Australia antidote miss her a lot. I put my family through a lot and this has made my daughter to achieve a Masters at University. I am very proud of her. 
Now I have just started going to a pottery group once a week. You can see my progress in the forum. I have NDIS and have Support Services once a week and also seeing a Counsellor once a week. This has helped a lot. 
I used to have a werrio named Jasper who I lost just recently with him eascaping through my front door. The wind swept him away. He was very tame and loved and adored me. He was a great talker. I got Tia last year who is a Jack Russell X. She will be two in a few weeks. She has been a fantastic dog who knows when I'm down. She licks me to let me know she is there for me especially when the voices are loud. I currently don't have any friends. I would love to gain some and I would certainly love to have a coffee somewhere where we can learn from each other and eventually gain friendships. I am in my 50's and live South of the river. I live alone in a 55's plus home. Now there is a few things you may like to know about me. I love photography and I also used to do Scrapbooking. I enjoy doing art and all those things that I enjoyed I have not done for a few years now. I would like to get back to it when I feel well enough to focus and strive.

Thankyou for reading about me.

@KEJ  Welcome KEJ good to see you. Have a great Sunday. Love greenpeax:)

@KEJ  It’s good to see you have started a thread. You might like to look at the Dogs Rock 😆  thread. Lots of us here are animal lovers, so there are different threads for different animals.

I enjoyed your pic on the Craft Corner . 

I hope today is good to you. Take care.

Hi

im new too but unfortunately we cannot give out names and numbers on here. But if you are on Facebook there is a site that you can join and gain friends from there. I have met one and it was awesome.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance