Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Making a report on my historical childhood sexual abuse

Hi @BlueBay,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I can't imagine how much this must hurt. 

Is there some one you can call to have a chat just to take your mind off for a little. You are welcome to call the different help lines. 

And you are not alone, we are here with you. 

no there is no one at the moment that i can call

my family (apart from hubby and kids) don't know what i am doing

my friends don't know either

i will try the online chat here or lifeline

thanks @GardensHeart for your support and for everyone being here xxxxx

Sorry @Gwynn just saw your post on grounding. I’ve gone to bed now. I’ll be ok. Thanks for your support. 
goodnight everyone xxxx

Glad you've gone to bed to unwind, maybe with a nice cup of tea and a book? Don't forget that you can call the major helplines through the night if you need some 2:35 am support.

Absolutely, thank you so much for sharing @BlueBay That is a very courageous and brave thing to do. I really appreciate you sharing that side of your story with me and us on the forums, it means a lot. Wishing you all the best, and hoping that you are going okay after such a big thing. How are you feeling now? Sending lots of virtual hugs and here for a chat if you need ❤️

hi @amber22 

I am feeling horrible, sick in the stomach.  It's raining here so i can't even go for a walk.

i have a sore throat and night cough (bit of asthma) no covid which is good.

i have a feeling that after tomorrow I will fall in a heap.  

I think i will be a nervous wreck tomorrow morning, but glad it is at 9am first thing - get it out of the way.

@Gwynn @Flying_Hams @Snowie @Emelia8 @Shaz51 and others following

Hey @BlueBay I am sorry that you are feeling like that right now. I hope that you have some time to relax today and take care of yourself, maybe it might be a good idea to watch something if you're up to it as it is raining outside for you?

That is good that it is 9am tomorrow morning to get it over with. Do you have anything planned for afterwards that you can do to make yourself feel a bit better? 

Sitting with you,

Amber22

hi @amber22 

i ended up falling to sleep on the couch rugged up with a blanket.  i am now watching tennis on tv and waiting for 1.30pm to leave to see my pyschiatrist.

as for tomorrow - no plans yet.  i think after all my flashbacks, rehashing the sexual abuse i will be totally exhausted.  and i prob just want to come home and lay down.  i am not really sure i want to do anything apart from hibernate at home.  i tend to stay on my own and not talk much.  even today i am in a foul mood so not really talking much to hubby.  i think its nerves for tomorrow.

Hugs @BlueBay 

By dealing with it externally, it changes the culture, from 'wink wink nudge nudge' anything is alright, to there are lines of ethics and things that should not be done.  

I hope your journey goes well.  I have not finished mine. I still need to apply for redress.

It is good to know that you are now watching the tennis and then have your appointment @BlueBay 

That sounds like a good idea, if you feel like you want to just come home and hibernate that is totally okay, and definitely very valid!! I am here if you wanted to chat about it - sitting with you ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance