Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life in a Loop

Thanks @Former-Member I looked at it too @Jacques

Maybe we can compare notes? Woman Happy

Hi @PeppiPatty & @Appleblossom

Anne, thank you for thinking of me, that is so nice, sorry things are a bit busy and troublesom at the moment, i hope you can sort things out with your son, ex and mother in law.

@Appleblossom, yes i have done the quiz, shock, i am in severe range of anxiety and depression, i have done so many quizes they all come up the same.

I hope @Appleblossom, you get some use out of mindspot, it looks like a good service.

Jacques

Former-Member
Not applicable

I tried mindspot, and got through one course.. but i didnt feel as though I got a lasting benefit from it.. maybe because I didnt practice the activities enough though. I found the educational side of understanding PTSD better though, which i think has helped me to be a bit... more understanding of myself (less self blaming..)...

Good luck @PeppiPatty

Dearest @Former-Member
You sound like an awesome Mum ..... So hard when you weren't taught (like me) I like like reading your posts. Most weeks, I'm left thinking I'm so absolutely screwed up, dumb, over sensitive, life is so difficult I should just ........ Turn 50 and spend days feeding the pigeons in the park ::::
not that there's anything wrong with that.
But it ends up feeling like synchronicity or something but those two people who came to my home and verified that the stalker is like how he is .....
All my life, I've had dangerous men around me. That realisation is so profound I need to cuddle Arlo and then sit with it for a while

Hi Anne,

Have you thought about maybe finding some female friends, to spend time with or go out and have a coffee with, sounds like you are having real trouble with men, maybe it is time to find, some friends away from what you usually find.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @PeppiPatty

You are anything but those things you are feeling. You are so very caring and considerate and have done some wonderful things out in the world. Like taking an interest in the little 4 year old girl you were telling us about and other children. You are amazing! Try not to underestimate yourself and the value that you have. you have been so helpful to me, and your words and thoughts have helped me to consider new ways of thinking about things. It also helps to know that there are others who have been through similar things to me and you are (shall we say of a more mature age then me) and you've survived and become a beautiful wise woman... it gives me hope that i can get there too.

hugs,

LJ

i work once per fortnight for a lady who cares for her fatherr. I've told her I've got 2 free film passes and could she see a fim with me.

It's difficult.....i'lle keep you updated. I've got my wonderful silver chain lady  coming tomorrow, Ille see what she says where to meet women.

@Former-Member sweetheart, your gift is bringing up your children well. I can only say about this is that though my sons hardly ever speak to me, when we do catch up, they listen to me.

It's comforting.

Like, my youngest son is'nt talking to me and told me to go when I appeared at his place. It was humiliating. Mt hubby called him and emailed him to tell him how upset I was and he said.......she knows I love her but she was looking for a fight ...., but now I'm reaffirmed of his love, I truly would like, one day a note in the mail and that's it. 

I cant explain how much I needed to read your words. That those two people visited me re: the stalker....im still gob smacked about that. 

Thank you so much 

@Jacques

Thank you for thinking of me .. I used to have a high expectation re therapists .. and courses ..now I am a little more level headed ?? but I will follow through.

I'm tired cant think straight .. good night.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance