Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: It's the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras & SANE is celebrating all things LGBTQIA+

Just wanted to pop in and say I am an ally of this community too!! 🌈

Re: It's the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras & SANE is celebrating all things LGBTQIA+

Hi @eth,

Thanks for sharing your and your family's stories about different gender experiences!

I have some links that you might find interesting and I thought I would share them with you. They describe gender terms and language that may help affirm gender identity and understanding of individual experiences. 

Healthline Gender Terms 

Transhub - Gender language  

I hope you find these a useful resource for affirming gender!

RiverSeal 😊

Brilliant links @RiverSeal, thank you for sharing 🌈

Thank you @Paperdaisy for being a lovely person and ally 🌈 

Hi @eth 

I’ll post a picture how I imagine the ‘spectrum’. I have a couple of ‘labels’ that I loosely identify with, but I don’t like the idea of labels whether it’s for gender, sexuality, mental health… when I started seeing that I won’t and don’t want to fit in a box I started feeling more free even if I feel lonely because I don’t ‘belong’ to a group. 

571E21EB-9A9C-4F22-AEC5-A0049D9790B7.jpeg

Hi @Rhye 

it is so nice to hear that you’re feeling support and that you can be you. It must have been so hard 30 years ago but I’m glad you took that brace step back then to be yourself despite the difficulties. Thank you 💚

Thank you @Rhye for creating this space, it's good to see everyone here 😊

I also thought I might tag some people from the LBGTIQA+ Social Space who may not have seen this thread yet 🌈 @Corny @Smittenkitten @NatureLover @Adge @Schitzo @outlander @Clawde 

@petrichor I'm so happy for you that you're able to be on testosterone and are feeling the positive benefits of that 💗 And I agree the religious discrimination bill debate was awful to have to go through. In the end I actually became quite emotional seeing the conviction and vocal support of various politicians/allies in the process. I couldn't have imagined seeing that kind of support across political parties for trans people 20, 10, or even 5 years ago to be honest. I think society is slowly but surely moving in a better direction

@eth that's amazing that you've published written works debunking stigma about the community! I'm grateful 💗

As for me, to answer the initial question, I experience comfort in my non-binary identity typically when I'm around other trans people, or anyone who can comfortably use my pronouns and see me for who I truly am. I experience comfort, safety, and joy in my queerness when I'm in LGBTIAQ+ community events or spaces, surrounded by others like me. I experience euphoria when I'm wearing clothes that I feel the most "me" in, where I feel really confident and happy with how I look- usually involving androgyny and expressing my own personality, too. 

ppf.png

About the progress pride flag (above)

@petrichor  your image of 'the spectrum' is stunning! What a fantastic concept.

Happy Friday to all those following/dancing along with our Mardi Gras celebration!

As we shimmy into the second week of our amazingly spangly and ever so sparkly celebration we thought we'd celebrate your favourite moments in LGBTQIA+ pop culture 💃🏻

Think iconic moments such as George and his guitar (and Aviators, hair, boots, leather argh!) ...
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.14.29 am.png

Think Jules in Euphoria...

euphoria-jules-vaughn-outfits.jpg

Think Villanelle and Eve in Killing Eve...

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.20.49 am.png

This week we're all about the diversity and queerness on our screens, in our ears, on our pages and across the media landscape!

We'd love to hear your fave moments in LGBTQIA+ pop culture – it might a favourite tv show you're binging right now, a song that brings out your inner diva, or a moment in media that changed your thinking, moved you or made you proud to be LGBTQIA+ or an ally 🌈

Drop your iconic moments below!

And if you're looking to catch up on some LGBTQIA+ viewing during Mardi Gras, Rolling Stone have a great list of programs right over here

@NatureLover@Former-Member@petrichor@RiverSeal@cloudcore@Daisydreamer@Shaz51@sagilove95@Paperdaisy@tyme@periwinklepixie@TideisTurning@wellwellwellnez@MrNobody21@Appleblossom@Greggers@eth@greenspace@RedHorse@Adge@flybluebird@TheVorticon@Clawde@Corny@Smittenkitten@outlander@maddison 

Karma Chameleon- Culture Club 🎶 ❤️

Oh indeed, @sagilove95 !

Shall we add this to your festive wish list this year?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6ZaWS5x14

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance