Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Historylover
Senior Contributor

I'd like to talk about Telepathy

This is the first time I have discussed this matter with anyone.  The time wasn't right.  Lesser minds would not be receptive.  If others hadn't experienced it they would not understand.  No-one would be willing to open their minds, to consider, to learn.  Some would not be willing to admit they knew what I meant - outside of here conversations aren't usually that deep or considered - and there is an element of 'hearing voices' about it to which no-one wants to admit!  

I regard 'hearing voices' and telepathy to be potentially different matters - however, perhaps there may be an element of connectedness to these phenomena.  I don't know.  I have not had access to people who 'hear voices' to learn from them or to research the matter further.  To understand.  I would certainly love to.  From what my own limited observations have concluded to date - there is an element of great stress behind the onset of many instances but I do not consider that all cases of 'hearing voices' are the same.  There is an explanation for 'hearing voices', but so-called 'experts' just put it in the category of so-called 'mental illness', a matter of chemicals - and therefore we will just medicate for it.  Schizophrenia?  That will do.

But I will open this conversation with Telepathy.

I and my ex-psychiatrist used it often.  I have not done a lot of research on Telepathy except that I found while some understood it - most do not and consider it non-existent and unproveable, that it does not happen.  It is REAL.  It HAPPENS.  Perhaps you have even experienced it yourself and were not aware.  It is a remarkable phenomena.  I had never knowingly experienced it before.  Unproveable?  Nonsense!

I have mentioned the incredible connection my ex-psychiatrist and I shared from the outset, but it was still a number of years of working together before I came to the realization that we had become so synchronized, so 'in tune' with each other,  that we had become able to transfer thoughts to each other when we were not in each other's company. My skill is very basic.  His is astounding. 

During the very dark days after my family breakdown I could be walking along feeling alone in the world, in broken health - so desperately low - and he'd message me and bring a smile to my face.  He did this quite often when I needed it - when he sensed my need.   His telepathy was ALWAYS benevolent so I came to the realization that if there could be benevolent telepathy, there could also be malevolent telepathy, and potentially by how much overlap is there overlap between malevolent telepathy and 'hearing voices'?  How similar are these phenomena?

I would add here that his telepathic messages were not only basic.  Many were complicated and involved transferring medical terminology - knowledge - I had not previously known.

Although my research has not been extensive, I have found several examples of telepathy occurring - between twins for example, between members of native tribes - who probably developed the skill to enhance survival skills.  It is said to occur between people with strong mental connections, same values and a strong sense of identification.

I consider that self-talk, telepathy and hearing voices to be different functions.

6 December 2020

I've been doing research on telepathy recently and found this site by chance: https://spiritual-path.com/telepathy.htm  I was surprised to find that my observations so closely aligned with those of C.G. Jung as presented on that page, and that there is such an understanding of telepathy within psychiatry.  I further found that there are departments within universities dealing with these phenomena  - but telepathy is the only one I have experience with.  I am highly sceptical regarding much else - poltergeists etc.  I have no experience with them and they simply do not align with my understanding of reality.

Edit:  13 May 2021

I have just found this site and found it interesting and confirms much of my observations and findings - although 'past lives' does not concur with my knowledge of science. Telepathy as a Form of Spiritual Communication (anomalien.com)

Edit:  21 July 2021  It is similar in nature to sea turtles finding their way back to their place of birth to lay their eggs by an inbuilt sense which allows them to follow the earth's magnetic field.  

How many other such senses exist?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: I'd like to talk about Telepathy

@Historylover I'm very tired tonight so I will have to be brief. It's real, it exists, yes, I've experienced it a lot. It hasn't always been pleasant. Yes, I hear things but they do not have sound. Just messages passing through really. I feel the energy/vibration of it. I don't like talking about it much. I just wanted to validate your truth. 

@Powderfinger   Thankyou @Powderfinger and also to @Magpie2 and @Appleblossom for your support.  I hope the latter two were not just supporting me so that I wasn't left alone and exposed as I tried to have a sensible, rational and constructive discussion about Telepathy.  I wondered if perhaps I should investigate if there is a "Twins who Telepathize" website - or a "Native Tribesmen" website!  Would anyone dare to join me in a constructive discussion?  I wasn't sure.  So thankyou to you three.

I felt the example I gave may not be easily recognized as such but I thought I would start with a basic example to test responses.

Telepathy is not rocket science.  And I am not aware that such a skill requires 'treatment'.  It is remarkable that it occurs but I think our - possibly innate - ability to transmit in this way has become mostly dulled in our modern world.

Thankyou for having the courage to validate my truth @Powderfinger.  Stay well.

@Historylover  I really don’t know much about telepathy, but I have no reason to believe it does not happen between like minded people.

I think our brains are amazing, as are our spirits. Often, the unknown can be frightening, so people may choose not to go there.

I will be following with interest, even though I have nothing from experience to offer.

@Maggie   Thankyou Maggie.  It is unfortunate that our posts only stay on the opening page until they are bumped off by those incoming, and then are only found when someone is looking for that subject in particular.  It can prevent development of the conversation.

I have experienced telepathy over many years, but only with my ex-psychiatrist, and know it is very real.  Who would know better about such phenomena than a psychiatrist who actually actively investigates everything presented to him - and actually practises it himself. 

I would love the opportunity to work with people who experience 'hearing voices' because I find it fascinating - although alarming for them.  It took origin in their minds at some point and tracking back to that point to deal with the issues they were experiencing at that time would be the reason I went to work each day if I was a psychiatrist.  

@Historylover you are welcome. Telepathy does not need "treatment" . In fact I would not even enter a discussion about it with ANYBODY in the mental health industry. They are closed minded and judgmental, too scared to step into what scares them. 

As for twins having thus connection. Definitely. As for Native Tribes having thus connection, definitely. If you are looking for further insight and information, my suggestion is to join a spiritual forum or community online. There will more than likely be posts about it and if there isn't, it us a safe place to start one. 

I left the modern world behind when it comes to these things. I have the conversations where it is accepted should the need arise. What the modern world wants to believe in and do is not my issue. I just go about what I'm doing and leave the rest. If they want to be sleeping dogs, that's their choice. I just move on.

I hope my suggestion leads you somewhere. 

@Powderfinger  Thankyou again, @Powderfinger 

Don't worry.  I am not concerned about whether some have so little understanding of the amazing capabilities of our brain that they do not understand that telepathy  exists.  I regard it as a gift.  It is!  It is amazing.

Perhaps I will look into online forums.  Even if I don't join in, it would be interesting to get a feel for how others experience and understand it.  

@Historylover from my understanding and experience, there can be a dark side to it as well. Whatever you decide, happy discovering. And you are welcome. 

Hi @Powderfinger . This is fascinating, thank you for your insight! I have had experiences of knowing before, but not telepathic communication. 

Have you heard of the Hearing Voices Network? I've read some of the literature, and the breadth and depth of people's individual experiences is revealing. Humans are so complex and your post illustrates this for me.

@Kelpie thanks for sharing. I have not heard of the hearing voices network. I'm sure there are incredible experiences and I'm glad there is a place for people to go. I might check it out sometime. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance