Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Husband of bi-polar wife

Hi @workthisout @Lucky2015 @Confusedhusba nd
There is a topic Tuesday tonight about caring for the woman in your life if you are interested
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Confusedhusband
Topic Tuesday tonight about caring for the woman in your life if you are interested.

You just describe my life in a nutshell my partner of ten years left me we have two beautiful children together her refusal to get treatment for her illness tore our family apart it was barely three months and she has a new boyfriend living with her and the kids we have the kids week on week off I was given no chance to make things better I was blocked from contact and now I have to co parent through her mother it’s as if the ten years did not exist I’m really struggling with it as I supported her through the early stages I helped her become independent and encouraged her to get a job etc but as soon this happened I think she felt she didn’t need me anymore and she has just discarded me I’ve always been very strong mentally but gee this has really hurt me to my core I don’t think I will ever get over it my family was my life and now it’s just been ripped away and she has no empathy towards me what so ever 

Hi, My experience of the past 6 years is so much similar to yours . Wondering if you are still active on the forum. Thanks, Saunders

Haven’t been active 

but since that last post my son lives with me full time my daughter is 50/50 

My life is so much simpler and drama free now I look back at that post now and realise what I was complaining about was the absolute best thing that could have happened I had to get away from her and become myself again 

Hi Saunders,

I've just come back on to see if I can offer you any advice or just lend an ear.  My partner has since left me for a woman half our age, who ironically has now left him (no surprises there).  It was just awful in the end, but I am gathering my life back, bit by bit.  I am still friends with my ex and I'm still the person he calls when he is either too up or too down and I'm ok with that.  I'm now living my life for me and have started a part-time counselling degree, have reignited friendships lost and have started to get some confidence back.  Not sure when or if I would ever be open to starting a new relationship with anyone as the trauma from living with someone with bipolar is pretty entrenched.  It's so hard to know what to do in your own situation and I guess it depends on your own strength.  I do know from experience though, that if they arent  willing to do the work to stay healthy, nothing will ever change, as sad as that is.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance