Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Samantha3078
Casual Contributor

How much longer can I keep on keeping on

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that my life would be this way, I worked hard made a good life, had success and was comfortable looking forward to grandchildren and retirement. 

Then it happened my 14 yr old attempted suicide.  She has since attempted 6 more times in the past 6 months.  My life is hell, today is my birthday and woke up after another night of fear and torment wishing it was my last.  I am starting to hate my daughter more than anything, she makes no effort to get well and seems to enjoy the destruction she is causing as if she is entitled to hurt me.

I'm at the point now where I have to look after myself.  I live in fear that she will hurt me, the police are called every second day.  She is constantly in hospital.  

She self harms and has no shame in displaying her disgusting wounds, and poses for social media.  Where she is joined by other  people feeding off this life of disgrace.  Yet I am the one who is shamed and embarrassed, I am the one who made to feel insignificant.

These children need to be locked away where they can't hurt anybody else.  They are a shame to their families and a shame to society.

My little girl once had the best of everything, private school, overseas holidays her every hearts desire.  But thanks to own indulgence and the evil that spills over the internet.  My baby is now a monster to be feared and avoided.

I see stories where people suffer for decades that can not be my life i dont deserve this 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How much longer can I keep on keeping on

Hi @Samantha3078 

Sounds like its been a tough time for you lately with your 14 year old going through such a big change. I'm glad you know to reach out to help when you need it, your safety is always important.

Have you got anyone supporting you at the moment? It's really good to see you on the forums, I hope they can show you that you are not in this alone. 

Re: How much longer can I keep on keeping on

Hi @Samantha3078 

It sounds like you and your daughter are both going through an incredibly difficult time. I hear the pain in your words. Calling Parentline  may be a good first step in getting some support for yourself during this time. 

Sending strength your way,

@Rosie93 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance