Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

lyn255
Casual Contributor

How do I maintain?

Finding it hard to deal with everyday decisions in my job, my relationship & sick of burdening my friends/family. I know what I need to do but how do I actually make the changes when I have to rip my family apart for the sake of giving myself a happy existence?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: How do I maintain?

@lyn255  Welcome.

Things are sounding really tough for you right now. Knowing what you need to do to make a happy life, which sounds like it will affect others, is a tricky place to be. I’m sorry the choice is such a difficult one.

I don’t know if you have any professional support in place, but it can certainly be helpful.

Take care.

Hi and welcome, @lyn255 ...I'm sorry to hear you find yourself stuck. 

I'm wondering if you have a counsellor to talk through these things with? It can really help. And finding it hard to make decisions sounds a bit like depression... 😞

Please let us know how we can best support you...

Hello @lyn255  and welcome to the forums

you sound like you are really caught between a rock and a hard place. 

do you have a good GP you can talk to... they will be able to help you and if need be refer you to more help

feel free to chat here whenever you feel the need.... let it all out.... share your worries.... we may not be professional counselors here... but we are good at listening... holding your hand... supporting you 

let us know if we can help you 

Thanks for your support.

Yes i speak to therapists they say help is available but there's no one standing next to you when it comes time to leave.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds like a lonely place to be @lyn255. What helps you to feel less alone?

@lyn255 can completly understand where you are coming from. 

I have ripped my family apart too in order for me to remove a certain family member from my life. It certainly has not been easy and I am still coming to terms with it, but for the sake of my mental health it needed to be done.

Keep reaching out here, there are lots of people here to support you.

I don't feel lonely mainly worn out & frustrated with the constant battle to get through each day. I luv my children who are now older & could quite easily spend each day doing absolutely nothing but i work in a fast paced environment & feel burnt out & trapped.

Hey @lyn255, I really feel for you, it sounds like you're facing a constant uphill and you're feeling pretty exhausted from it all. Burn out is a very real thing and when we don't have the option to slow down because work is what keeps us afloat, finding time for self-care and recharging the batteries can be really hard. It's great you've got a therapist and some family support around you, I also recommend reaching out to a helpline too if you want to talk to someone about things, especially in between therapy sessions. The SANE Help Centre are great for this. I really hope things shift for you soon, and do reach out if you need. 

@lyn255  Sending you some 💞💞💞💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance