Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

DogsRLife
Casual Contributor

Hi

Hi, just joined up and wanted to say hello and give a brief outline of why I'm on here. I'm a 48 year old teacher with social anxiety and depression - only diagnosed 8 years ago but in retrospect these issues started in adolescence. Spent 7 years on medication and weaned myself off about 12 months ago. Fallen in a hole again these last couple of months so starting medication again. Having social anxiety as a teacher (with fear of confrontation, being critiqued and worrying about people's opinions) makes me like a miner with claustrophobia - somewhat ill-equipped for the job! Somehow I have lasted 26 years but am struggling quiet badly at the moment with the demands of the job. I have the most supportive and wonderful wife, two early-20s children who don't judge and dogs who at various times in my life have saved me with their non-judgemental brand of love. Just hoping to find a place to open up where my wife can have a break from hearing my moans and hear from people with similar experiences. 

1 REPLY 1
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi

@DogsRLife Hi DogsRLife and welcome to the forums :). You will find many dog lovers on these forums 😄 Many cat lovers too ... really all animals are very popular Smiley Wink. Sorry to hear you are finding it tough atm, you wont be alone here though as there are many kind and thoughtful people here.

You might like to look around the various threads some are serious other more light hearted :). Oh and also if you want to talk with someone directly put a @DogsRLife in front of their name and they will get an email.

I will leave you to it and hope to see you around the forums greenpea xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance