Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

depression101
Senior Contributor

Had enough of this !!!!

Here I am fighting my thoughts of harm everyday. Struggling to keep a roof over my head.

I think I am getting a little breather in that I received what was termed an ExGratia paymnet from my ex employers Workers Comp Insurerer of what now seems a pitance of $10K.

Only to find out now that $1,000 had to go to Medicare to cover some of the past Mental Health visits to GP's. So now I have $9K.

Welll that will just cover the cost of getting my furniture back from Kununurra. Ok so at least I have that covered but now $0. Only to find out Centrelink now want to treat that asIncome and stop my Newstart allowance until I use that up. Use it up I already have.

I went to Kununurra to get work instead of being on the dole. I have old fashioned values for that. It ruined me, my marriage and my future. I feel so useless and worthless, yet I tried so hard.

Now it seems I have nothing. No friends, No Wife, No job, Lost my work skills to much pressure as an accountant. To old and absolutely no drive left. Im empty and I just feel all I am getting is kicked.

Now our Mental Health Centre has lost my Psychologist so told to see GP. But I am also told Medicare want me to pay for that because of the above payment.

I give up !!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Had enough of this !!!!

@depression101

Sorry to hear that it sounds like you are having an awful time lately.  That is quite a lot of money to spend on moving all your furniture but you must be happy to finally have all your things with you!    It can be nice to have your possessions and have some things that are yours and belong to you.

It can be so hard when everything bad happens at once.  Is your psychologist helpful? Just try to take it one day at a time...

@Former-Member

It was cheap compared to getting it there.  Long way from Perth and quite bremote.

Yes its good to have but the debt is quite overwhelming.

I think Im getting sorted only to get this dumped at me.

Hi @depression101 and @girl99,

@depression101 I can hear how difficult things are right now and the sense of loss and hopelessness you are feeling at the moment. None of this is easy and given there are a few things happening for you right now, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with all that is happening.

Centerlink wanting to you to use your workers comp as income is harsh but is something they do unfortunately. Have you been able to speak to them yet about not having this money left? I wonder when they will be able to start your Newstart allowance again. Hopefully it will be soon.

It sounds like you have a strong work ethic to move to Kununurra for work instead of being on the dole and I can hear how hard you tried.

I am also wondering if contacting Medicare about this would help in any way. Getting you to pay to see a psychologist because of workers compensation doesnt sound right if you no longer have this money due to moving costs. There should be a way around this.

How are you travelling today @depression101?

Brick walls evrywhere I turn.

Always the "System". What ever happened to people.?

I hate, The System comment, it always seems like the excuse not to be human.

Centerlink is horrible I understand your frustration and exhaustion. Hope it all gets better.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance