Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Grandchildren

Hi @Razzle 

Immature and selfish - that's a good start (not) - this girl might want everything NOW but alas - a pregnancy usually lasts 9 months and a baby wants everything NOW once it's born too

Yes - it is a case of waiting and seeing and holding everything in your heart - this is your grandchild and it seems - not the best of starts

But it happens

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Thankyou @Owlunar   I really appreciate your support ❤️❤️

@Appleblossom @Owlunar @BlueBay @eth  

My son rang me tonight for a chat and a pregnancy update.  Everything’s going well.  Then he went on to tell me that after the baby is born he’ll ring and tell us, he’ll also call his sister.  

His partner will call her family (her mum will be at the delivery) so she will contact her siblings.  No one else

is allowed to know for a few days and then they will announce it on fb.  

Well, I told my son that’s not going to happen.  My brothers, and my husbands brother and sisters will be livid if

1) they find out through fb

2) they find out days later.

I told him that puts us in a terrible

position, and that they are dealing with a generation that will be deeply hurt to find out through fb days later.  He said he’d have a chat to his partner and let her know how I feel about it.

I now have “permission” from her to tell my brothers and my husbands siblings. Surely I am not being unreasonable ?? If I can’t notify my own family, I’ll never get told any information as it happens from my family ever again.  

He then texted me to ask if he can stay in the motel with us after the birth because he won’t be allowed to stay in the hospital - because her MOTHER will be staying with her.  

Bit by bit, piece by piece we are being squeezed out, and so is our son.

Keeping communication open is important. Glad a little has been sorted.

@Razzle Smiley Happy

It might seem weird to need permission from the mother to tell your family. At least there is some sense you are all on the same page.

Gee this is a hard situation @Razzle 

I feel for you. At least it was good thst your son called and you both spoke. Sounds like her mum is controlling. 

Yeah I agree with you my family would have been upset if they found out on fb about my grandchild been born. 

At least communication is open which is good. All you can do i guess is support your son. 

Take care ❤️

@Appleblossom @BlueBay 

I never thought becoming a grandparent would be this hard and this heart breaking.  How can I enjoy any of this if I feel like I’m being pushed away. Once again I feel like I have to bend over backwards and walk on egg shells to please my sons partner just to eventually get trampled on again.  

Hi @Razzle 

I was thinking about all of this when I was walking yesterday - totally amazed at how controlling some people can be - I am so sorry this is happening

It's not too much to expect to be told when your grandchild is born - and not to find out on FaceBook either - and you are right - it really does seem you are being pushed out and this is unreasonable

The baby is special - yes - but not so much that you can't tell your family about the birth without the mother's permission - what a spoiled brat she seems to me - and controlled by her mother - and does she not realise that your son is the baby's father and would not be on its way without his part in the story 

One thing is true whatever happens - Little Miss "Want it all now" will be finding out some reality in the future - not that I want this to be a smack in the face for her but we who have children know what a life-altering event it is

And as for your being pushed out - alas - the more you try and get in the harder they will push back. Your son sounds like a decent young man with a future planned - it's really sad that this is how things are 

Sending Superhugs today - one for you too

Dec

superhug.jpg

Hi @Owlunar @Appleblossom @BlueBay @eth  and anyone else passing by.

Today was the big day, our little grand daughter arrived this morning about a week early and after a very fast

labour.  Everyone is happy and healthy.  

We were able to have long cuddles this evening.  We are staying in a motel tonight and will head back to the hossie tomorrow for another cuddle before heading home.

So far so good 🤞🤞

Omg that is such great news @Razzle  congratulations nanna ❤️

I’m glad that bub and mum are good. 

Oh I have happy tears for you. 

I bet you loved those cuddles 😊

is your son staying with you? 

Enjoy those cuddles again today ❤️

I’m so happy for you xxx

@BlueBay   They are leaving the hospital this morning, and we are not allowed to visit them before they go.  They told us the staff said no because visiting hours are after 2pm.  We rang hospital and they said it was fine to go in.  Rang my son back and you could hear his partners mother in the background telling my son what to say.

i can’t stop crying

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance