Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Good things take time ,Finding a good Guy takes time

Hi all have kind of been in hibernation mode lately but time to post again,Im learning Im learning that finding a good man for me takes time,Im learning about myself during the process and learning about men aswell the last guy I though I was into has fallen behind me ,Ive moved away from him emotionally not completely moved on but I have found someone else who seems a better suited person than the last guy but will have to keep seeing how things go there are some clear differences in this newest Guys Behaviour towards me ,positive behaviour,this new man is treating me better emotionally and is also sorry for being blunt but is very could at considering my sexual needs and not just his own needs,the last guy in comparison was I can see now was agressive in that area,in fact the last guy we argued with eachother about sex and intamacy where as the new Guy is showing respect for my boundaries,is respectfull and not arguing with me this new Guy we will call Carebear not his real name but anyway care bear is showing a sense of respect and giving me a feeling of safety ,a safe place emotionally ect,we have talked about intamacy but the great thing is that hes not forcing his opinion on me and we are so far it seems compatable ,online dating is so hard but I do need to be patient it takes time to find a good man who is emotionally and physically respectfull ,so far we are listening to each other and this time Im thinking more with my head than my heart,I like that this man is treating me very well,we havnt talked by phone yet but its early days of messaging eachother and so far hes meeting my standards that are most important to me so as they say slow and steady,with this man he is ok with me saying no and disagreeing when I need to ,he is showing signs of affection and wanting to get to know eachother,Im fairly clear that the last guy thought of me nothing more than a booty call,this one isnt like that this man carebear is so far showing its more than just the physical side ,hes respecting my boundaries whilst we are still flirting and getting to know eachother and he just carebear just makes me feel safe,makes me feel Im worth something to him,I feel happy without feeling preasured and so far we just keep talking slow and steady fingers crossed that Ill eventually find the right man ,it just takes alot of time and trial and error and yes some mistakes too but Im finding a step up from the last who is falling behind me now ,I have pretty much ghosted the last guy Carebear seems better for me at least so far he does xx

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Good things take time ,Finding a good Guy takes time

why do I always think that I am the problem? its best to get some sleep sorry for ranting just kind of a general rant not related to carebear hes still good to me,I just need to think better thoughts about myself and talk to family in general been hibernating emotionally maybe for a little too long but at the same time I need to not talk too negatively to those around me so thats why when I have bouts of depression I dont talk very much to family even though I want to or prehaps need to anyway just a late night rant Goodnight all LostAngel

Hi @LostAngel, It sounds like it might be tough for you to talk to certain people about particular experiences you're going through. That's ok. For myself, I've learnt that there are some people who are good to talk to about certain topics and others who aren't so safe to talk to. It can be a case of figuring out what feels right for you, and who it does, and maybe doesn't, feel safe to share what with. Wishing you the strength and courage to do whatever feels right for you. ❤️

thank you for the support @TideisTurning Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance