Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

kazza24
New Contributor

Going through a relapse

I've been suffering with anxiety for nearly 10 years and at the moment I feel like I'm going through a bad relapse. I have been in hospital before and really don't want to end up back in there. The thoughts that are going through my mind right now are really throwing me off track. Does anyone who suffers from anxiety or any other illness experience a fear that they're just going to end up crazy?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Going through a relapse

Dear @kazza24 

The short answer is yes. I used to feel like that an awful lot. Horrible frigthening feeling. I have done a lot of work on the "why?" of my MI and that has helped a lot. Mindfulness has probably been the biggest gift, I've been pretty insightful for a long time but mindfulness (you can Google it including exercises - practice when you are calm is the key) helped enable me to sit with this more difficult feelings instead of run from them or feel like I would drown in them.

Hope for a clear mind endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Hi kazza24

I've had severe anxiety for a few decades.  As you don't wish to go to a hospital, ask your GP to suggest a good psych for you.  With my psych I practiced mindfulfness and present-centred meditation as well as other stuff and after a few months the regular practice helped me a lot.  One of the eBooks I read was by Richard Miller - iRest Yoga.  Anyway, see what your GP suggests.

I've also had a lot of fear with anxiety.  So much so that I was scared of tieing my shoe-laces up correctly and generally just a fear that I wasn't doing things in the correct manner.  It's getting better matie.

Good luck on your recovery  Smiley Happy

Thanks for commenting back I have already been to hospital once before and my fear is going back in there, it was more rehab than a hospital. I know I'm going through a relapse and my thoughts right now are that I'm going crazy and this morning I thought I could hear voices in my head but I spoke to my physchologist and she said that's my intrusive thoughts from the anxiety but when your feeling anxious you just can't believe it.

Dear @kazza24 

Intrusive thoughts are so horrible, words just don't begin to express it. Mindfulness can help with htose - as can a good psych who listens and is compassionate. You're doing well. Glad you called your psych, that's great they were able to clarify what's happening.

Keep taking care of you, you're doing well.

Kindest regards,

Kristin 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance