Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Family Therapy and matters of the heart

hi everyone today I had a long discussion with a family member it was about matters concerning the heart and emotions,family relationships ect touchy subjects but things that needed to be said and more importantly listened to especially things I needed to listen to ,why is it always the things we dont want to say outloud that are the things that are most important to address instead of running,running from ourselves,running from family advice we need to sit still and listen listen for our own good ,it doesnt mean that anyone is always right but its about listening to those more experienced it takes alot for me to learn it seems but Im getting there slowly, family matters more than anything and according to family today my safety matters to family,wellbeing ect both psychical and emotional,sometimes you have to put away your pride or differences and just talk things out,listen to eachother ,respect eachother in family listen to eachothers pain or worries ,be kind,show a bit of empathy to eachother,understanding maybe unity eventually unity,many true words said today,family is family and yes you cant unfamily family,though we may get so frustrated with eachother,disagree with oneanother,annoy the hec out of and frustrate eachother to the point sometimes of not speaking or shutting down or not listening to one another but then we always need to forgive ourselves and eachother family is above love,being there for eachother,not being alone,not giving up on eachother through the hard stuff ,let family love you cause they sometimes know you better than you know yourself and they mostly have the best intentions for you even if you dont want to see that they do,let them love you let them guide you when your not sure what to do ,above all let them help,let them protect you when your not willing or experienced enough to protect yourself.  

1 REPLY 1

Re: Family Therapy and matters of the heart

Hi @LostAngel 

I really enjoyed reading your post and just want to say thank you for sharing your story and your insights. I think this is particularly relevant coming into the long weekend where family is pulled into focus more so than usual for some people.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance