Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Experiences of Grief

Thanks for sharing @greenpea and for your kind words also

God knows why you are going to church - and other people will wonder and examine their pre-conceived ideas - but I really think people think about us than we imagine - they have lots of other things to consider equally random  - 

But in my heart I will go with you

I miss church myself but just can't seem to bring myself to attend - and it's not my faith - I have not lost my faith - and I know God knows my heart also

Perhaps I am upset by the past too - there was gossip at the churches in the area I live - nearly 50 years of it - life as been more peaceful away from it but it is around 15 years since I left the last one and I think about going everytime I go past the church in a taxi - 

I understand - I do - I know it's really hard

Dec

@Owlunar  Thanks Dec if I go I will think of you and your inspiring words. I am not a tough person like I might appear at times , I am quite fragile it will be a huge step if I go and a life changing one for me. I am sorry you have gone through so much grief I don't know the half of it I know but can guess which makes you giving your time to others so special. You are a wonderful person Dec xxxx

Thanks again @greenpea 

I spent some time thinking about our choices and decisions and how they affect our lives and yes - sometimes our decisions can have consquences we would rather not have - this I have found to my cost

But there is something else in the learning curve - out of my decisions has grown something really wise - why I pick an owl as my avatar I guess - 

Only the heart that has known the mighty grief can know the mighty glory

I would not change a second of my life and not because I might find something worse but rather because I would not have found the learning curve I am still on.

I know about the fragility of the human spirit - how damaged we can be and how deeply ingrained it can be - how hard it is to overcome. 

I understand

Dec

Guess what.jpg

@Owlunar  back at you :)xxxxImage result for owl

Thank you for tagging me. @eth  Maybe you sensed I was on edge. I will be taking time out fro forum for a bit.

Heart

@greenpea Good luck with your particular church journey. 

Heart

Like @Owlunar Heart I am giving up on church.  I treated the forum as a church for a while.

To be honest I tried for 25 years but have had horrendous experiences ... retraumatising and bringing up the grief again and again.  Not giving me credit for the years of work I had done in different fields, social justice and music.

Take Care ALL

@Appleblossom   I'll miss you.  Tag me somewhere if you want to talk about why you're taking a break, otherwise keep on keeping on my friend.  I'll be sending you strength and happiness xx Heart

@Appleblossom I understand that need to step away for a while but also wanted you to know I will very much miss you around here. Take all the time you need Hon and we will be here for you when you return. Sending you so much love and huge hugs Apple 💜💚💙🧡💛💐🌺🌸🌷

@Appleblossom  Please Appleblossom don't be away for long.

Gotcha @greenpeaSmiley Happy

I came back when I had time just to post another owlI came back when I had time just to post another owl

Hi @Appleblossom 

I had been away from the church for a long time before I realised that it was not just that the church services were too early for a bad back to be a happy camper and now after the Royal Commission I am less likely to return

Yes - I feel as if I could talk to someone about it but then that person may already have a strong opinion they are entitled to and I am just as entitled to mine - right now I do not feel like an encounter - 

Things are not too bad for me right now - just cruising - planning to visit my grand-daughter up on the Sunshine Coast in a few weeks - get away from Melbourne for a week or so - than back to our wonderful southern polar storms after the solstice

All the best Apple

Step away when  you need to - I do - we all need to feel okay about it

Dec

Hey Dec - wrong pole and look at all this crap in the water :(Hey Dec - wrong pole and look at all this crap in the water 😞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance