Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

Hi @Corny 🌽💕

Yes, I managed to get some more / decent sleep last night, albeit a wee-hours wake-up again, and I will be taking it as easy as possible this weekend, holed up with the last of my assignments.

What you have written aligns with our situation more than you could know, and rather than viewing it as any sort of rant, it is an entirely supportive and sensible dialogue you are contributing to here.

We will remain in the city, and are adapting to condensed living circumstances ..... acceptance and adaptability is a big part of building resilience methinks.

Yes, we will need services around us ongoing, as you have guessed, and yes, the city is our best supply yard for those sorts of resources.

You caught me on my way out the door seeking coffee and a study break.

When you've been in the disability, mental illness world your entire life @Faith-and-Hope you learn from the mistakes your parents and family made, and you try to protect people from the same mistakes, or at least vocalise your own experiences so they can make a realistic decision.  

It is not easy being realistic, but I have now accepted that I need life long psychiatric care, and I need to be near services. I try and focus on the positives and what I can do. Of course I have down days and I am still grieving my limitations and unmet potential, but I am grateful for the health and support that I do have and am just trying to get on with life and connect with others.

It sucks that you may have better health in the major towns and cities but you have lost the freedom to go anywhere and do anything you want and dream of when you have life long health needs. Losing spontaneity, freedom and options is a very bitter pill to swallow when you have to sit on the sidelines and watch people take that completely for granted and also judge you for your limitations. But I don't want to be around people like that, they lack humility and gratefulness. 

You're a very caring Mum @Faith-and-Hope and you will be so worn out setting up the future supports, but as long as you have some realism you can channel disappointment and frustration into creative arts instead. And you can design your own little sanctuary and get that art room! They whole place could be your own little gallery!

Enjoy your coffee, I find the smell of coffee brewing so comforting.

Corny Heart

Yeah, me too @Corny 💕

There seems to be a general theme of of change and closing of chapters, relationships and lives in The Universe at present @Faith-and-Hope . There are many people out there riding the waves with you, even if you don't know them. It's funny how it all seems to occur in clusters.

Hi to @Shaz51 @Maggie @outlander @Hope4me @Former-Member and anyone else I have missed following along. 

Corny Heart

Thank you @Corny  .... that provides a raw kind of comfort, despite not wanting others to be hurting ..... its a fact of life, and often a factor in change.

🌽💕

Change is indeed a fact of life @Faith-and-Hope , it takes some getting used to accepting that, but once you have a few obstacles in life you realise that it is an inevitable fact that you have to be adaptable to.

And as you say pain and hurt often comes with change, but you were in pain and hurt anyway, that was inescapable, if you'd stayed you would have been swapping one type of pain for another, and really be in the same place.

No one can dodge being hurt. It's a really hard life lesson, I am damned how I teach my sibs cubs how to get used to it, and learn how to move forward and accept that most things in life end.

I guess we all just fumble our way through and do the best we can

Corny Heart

That’s it @Corny .... being as true to our core values as we can as we go .....

I can feel it in me waters @Faith-and-Hope that you are the quiet but deceptively strong and courageous type.

I just have a sense for these things.

Call it one of my gifts if you must, it is what it is. 

People often assumed because my father was aggressive and domineering he was strong. Actually no, he was very weak, and would completely disintegrate if he didn't have someone to control and put down. 

I hope you have a restful Sunday dabbling with the paints, reading a book or watching a movie.

Corny Heart

th4ZFCKQRO.jpg@Faith-and-Hope 

not to sure you can see this properly but the artwork is made of little paper type butterflies 

I am making my way forward with the baby steps I am taking.  I have created a privacy space around me where there wasn’t one before .... both a huge relief, and really weird-feeling at the same time.

😳

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance