Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

bugger @Former-Member hopefully something pops up soon. maybe you could run some classes from home just some small groups?
doing some extra studies sounds good esp if itll be more beneficial to a variety of clients too. but see how you go, perhaps online studies are an option.

@outlander 

Ill look into doing the aqua course as i wont have lollipop duty for 6wks over xmas so ill have more time & shouldnt srress out too much.

Im finding out if i qualify for the ed supplement. Itll give me some extra income whilst i do it.

Cant teach from home as live in a sm town hse.

Think what im doing is the best plan for now.

Just struggling emotionally today. Feeling very teary.

Love lollipop ladies @Former-Member 

Heart

A friendly smile from them has kept me going in my worst times.

Smiley Happy

It takes a lot of energy to face up to a class of adults.  Go you.  

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Sometimes the idea of an inner castle or wearing some armour ... to deflect all the upsetting things without taking it all personally can help. I work on keeping my inner cave ... and protection .... I dont like castle snobbiness but prefer the cosiness and naturalness of cave imagery.

Last night as a lady started going on about sports trophies ... I just had to leave the conversation ... (I tried to do it nicely) been a polite onlooker too often ... just could not do the yes yes ... and know that they could not understand me ... so the best bet seems mixing on a superficial level  ...  being polite ... but not expecting friendship ... another lady was definitely friendly ... but ... I cannot share what has been going on for me in the last month ...

@Appleblossom 

Yeah i do like doing the lollipop job & must say im very good at it. 

Yeah i agree the superficial conversation is often all i can do.

Once it starts to upset me ive gotta get away

sounds like a good plan re study, waiting and also your plan working the best for you @Former-Member
hope you can do something nice for yourself today

@outlander @Appleblossom @Flying_Hams 

Will just have to take this study slowly as i get so damn stressed with studying but better to do it now before i get too much work hey.

Have to do my CPR next week. 

Ill get that out of the way & introduce myself to some of the aqua instructors to feel which ones i resonate with & dont stress me out to work alongside

Sounds like some clear thinking there @Former-Member

I hope you have had a nice day

@Flying_Hams 

Been a stressful day however i got a lot sorted out.

Jusr hoping this med helps me get thru this course.

Last med wasnt strong enough & i stressed out a lot doing my last course.

Theres a job waiting for me at this gym tho & itll help promote my other class so itll b worth it.

Ill go to the pool fri to meet the trainer to hopefully work alongside

If i dont click with her then theres 2 others there

Glad im teaching tonight as i need the exercise to help destress me.

I get so worked up with paperwork & studies hey

Work can be a great distraction.

@Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom 

Yeah once i get over the initial setting doing this course & link up with some trainers to help me im sure ill chillout a bit more with it.

Possibly cause i struggled doing last course on a lower dose meds ive got that bad memory

Thats probably why its stressing me out 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance