Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lucky1305
Casual Contributor

Disability support pension.

Hello, everyone. Recently I had my medical assessment with clinical Phycologist  after I applied for DSP about a year ago. This appointment was very short one, less than 15 minutes. I'm not sure if it's okay. From your previous experience can you please let me know if it's a good sign or not? Before this appointment I provided the paperwork including  all my health problems. I've got a long history of depression, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia , attending Phycologist sessions for many years and taking antidepressants, also I have other health issues.  I had second opinion from  independent other clinical Phycologist, which after few sessions gave me the report confirming my diagnosis  prior this medical assessment . All this procedure is very stressful and emotional to talk about my issues again and again. If you can give me any comment please. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disability support pension.

@Lucky1305 

Hugs

Going through the medical assessment is always a trying time. Was the Phycologist one you have seen before?

@Lucky1305 

Unfortunately the medical assessment process for centerlink can be triggering and feel a little invasive. as Centrelink requires so many double/triple confirmations.

I am sorry that the process made you feel the way you do.

Hugs Nony

Remember how you feel is how you feel.

Unfortunately I never meet this Phycologist before so he doesn't know my full history. Our conversation was really very short. Probably I would worry if it's too long as well. I don't know what is right. Just stressful. Thank you for your response. 

Thank you for your support. I agree it's not easy. And specially this time it's more complicated with attending all the medical appointments in time for extra proof of problems, with prolonged lockdown waiting. Before medical assessment from Centrelink I had 3 different opinions from Phycologist including clinical one. All previous appointments was not just 15 minutes conversation. I don't know what to think, what to aspect. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance