Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Delusion disorder

I too feel you pain. My husband although is medicated he is refusing to accept his illness and wants us to separate as his gut keep telling him not to trust me. He seeing things that he connects as proof that I’m up to something . Unfortunately I overreact to his comments and accusations as my patience is getting poorer. 

I feel I’m losing the man I knew.

He feels there’s no solution - his word against my word. He hates that we argue all the time , we can’t communicate and sees we have nothing in common apart from kids.

Id love to chat to others who understand what it’s like to live in this marriage.

Re: Delusional disorder was

I too feel you pain. My husband although is medicated he is refusing to accept his illness and wants us to separate as his gut keep telling him not to trust me. He seeing things that he connects as proof that I’m up to something . Unfortunately I overreact to his comments and accusations as my patience is getting poorer. 

I feel I’m losing the man I knew.

He feels there’s no solution - his word against my word. He hates that we argue all the time , we can’t communicate and sees we have nothing in common apart from kids.

Id love to chat to others who understand what it’s like to live in this marriage.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@LHP20 

I have tagged you in some threads that may be of help to you.  Sadly some patients delusions prevent them from maintaining a relationship, whilst others eventually come round and accept help.  I only had a brief phase where my man felt being homeless and living off charity was desirable. He now has a BPii diagnosis with Sz being the differential but the tips that relate to Sz being a primary psychotic disorder are helpful for delusion disorder. 

hello and hugs @Former-Member , @Loulou83 , @LHP20 , @Josiebee , @faithful1 , @LHP20 @Amberlulu HeartHeart

Hi all 

Ive just signed up to specifically reply to this thread that found on Google when i was looking for if people ever recover from this disorder.
I believe this is what my partner of almost 9 years has. Over the last 10 weeks he has gotten progressively worse, believing my kids are even trying to poison him now. we had a massive argument and he left my my house for the last time the other night and is totally out of control now when i spoke to him on the phone last night - making wild accusations of me having sex with multiple men including his own father which has been an ongoing thing (I used to live in the situation of caring for him and his father until his father physically assaulted my children from a previous relationship so i moved out and took them with me and that was when the worst of the cheating allegations started 10 weeks ago) There have been scenarios out of his own head made up that never happened at all, he is apparently getting his sister to take him to get his hair follicles tested because he was being drugged in his food and drink at his dads where he was living and at my house where he was staying and apparently my children were trying to record him on their phones and even my daughter was trying to pass me secret notes in the washing basket. 

She apparently knows i have been sleeping with multiple men etc too *sigh* 
I have messaged his sister where he is staying and let her know he may appear fine and functioning well to them but he is in fact not fine, and i have not cheated on him and he is in fact psychotic and needs help, he has been around all his mates, ruined his relationship with his father by getting his mates to 'apparently' confront his dad about sleeping with me, which i have been talking to one of his mates about the fact that i have in fact NOT been doing anything behind his back this morning and that he is in fact delusional. I dont think any of them believe me though and its so frustrating!

I had him at the doctors on Monday night. I got him a script for anxiety meds. I got him a psych referral. Then we had a fight because i lost it over yet another one of his made up cheating scenarios. I am so ashamed of myself that i lost it. He would still be here if i hadn't and i would have a chance to fix him.
How do i deal with this. He is my soulmate and i cant help him and i don't know if i will ever get him back after reading this thread and i just miss the old him so much and i cant stop crying. I have a 5 yr old with him and he rings to speak to him like everything is normal and i just want him here. Is there any chance that he will end up getting better and coming back to me, will love ever be enough? He says he hates my guts and calls me so many names but the last thing he said to me the other night was that he loved me more than anything as he was leaving.

So sorry for the rant but im broken right now. I cant deal with this and i want the man back that i was going to marry and spend forever with - i cant move on because i dont want anyone else. 

So sorry to hear of your heartache. Living with this is extremely difficult because they can seem to others that nothing is wrong.

My husband was diagnosed with dillusional disorder about 10 years ago. During that time he received involuntary treatment which was the only way he could be treated. This in itself is not a pleasant process. It is good if your husband will see a psychiatrist as I feel if there is any chance of having a “normal” life, treatment is necessary. My husband and I also separated for a couple of years, which I initiated. We are back living together but our life is not what it used to be. His delusions affected his ability to work as he could trust no-one and he is now on a disability pension. No friends and very few family visit. He receives anti-psychotic injections once a month and is on the minimum dose. The psychiatrist said he would be on them the rest of his life because the disorder can’t be cured. He is definitely a lot calmer and never speaks of the delusions he had. I never ask. I now see myself more as his carer. He really has nowhere else to go and at least he will get to see our now adult children when they visit. I also had or have no desire to move on but our relationship is completely different to how it was. Talking to mental health professionals is very important.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance