Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

X

X

Shaz51
Community Guide

Re: Dark Skies

sending you lots of hugs @Wanderer Heart

X

X

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

x

Zoe7
Community Guide

It is common that those closest to us can upset us so much @Wanderer They take their own fears and frustrations out on us simply because we are the closest and most forgiving and still love them despite their behaviour. That does not mean that it doesn't have a huge effect on us or that it is okay but it does go someway to explaining their behaviour.

It is horrible that you had such a bad day yesterday and I do hope today is a little easier on you. It is debilitating when those fears and anxieties take over and it makes it even worse when you have someone close to you treating you badly. If you have managed to get through today with a little less of those dissasociate or derealisation feelings then it is already a better day than yesterday. Hoping very much for you that the weekend is a lot better and you can start to feel more grounded and less physically ill - and hoping also that your daughter is a lot nicer to you.

Thinking of you @Wanderer  Smiley Happy

X

X

Zoe7
Community Guide

@Wanderer It is hard when you have been hurt by those closest to you - you fear the inevitable happening again and can't get any enjoyment out of the nice things they do and say as a result. I understand that wall building - still do that to a certain extent with my family - that has improved of late though.

Not good that you are still feeling so down - selling the farm whilst necessary would be adding more pressure on you too - especially as you do not have a house of your own yet to move into. Go easy on yourself @Wanderer  - you are doing the best you can do under the circumstances Smiley Happy

X

X

Zoe7
Community Guide

I felt every word you wrote here @Wanderer  It is so hard to get through every day when you feel in such a precarious position. It is great that your daughter is trying but I also understand that reluctance to believe in the efforts when you have been so badly hurt by her words. It is a good sign though that she understands how her actions have affected you and is trying - hopefully that continues and you can begin to trust in her and the rest of the world again. Trust is such a hard thing to find and once we lose that it is so incredibly hard to get back. It makes it even harder when your emotions are constantly changing - there is no peace in that at all @Wanderer  - it is just a rollercoaster as you have stated. My thoughts are definitley with you. I hope today is a good day for you and you can feel a little less conflicted with your emotions admist it all.

X

x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance