Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ayisha
Casual Contributor

CPTSD and Anger

Hi everyone

I have extreme anger problems. Can anyone suggest how to effectively address this crucifying symptom?

Thanks

Ayisha

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CPTSD and Anger

Hi Ayisha,

Have you been diagnosed with CPTSD by a therapist?

I expect the anger is a result of the trauma you've experienced?

I know my wife is looking at addressing the cause of some of her anger that stems from events in her childhood and she is getting the help of a professional to do so.

hi @Ayisha

I have extreme anger problems too. thanks for writing your post, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I have no doubt my rage stems from cptsd but unfortunately every kind of therapy made me more angry and frustrated. Plus, some therapists were too scared to work with me because I was so angry and they discontinued on me.

What helped with my rage is medication.

My first meds stopped the rage all together but I also felt numb and depressed.

Now I'm an a combination of meds so I feel positive emotions & more alive which is nice. I still have feelings of irritation and frustration, and anger can still be triggered by certain people so I have to make the effort to not get close to them. But my life is a whole lot better with the right meds.

I sympathise with your feelings, you are not alone. my rage used to hang around for days on end and the only way I could get relief was self medicating.

I hope you can find something to help with your anger.

Hi Thank you for your reply.

Yes I was diagnosed over 3 years ago by my Psychiatrist.

If you don't mind me asking...What type of things is your wife undergoing?

Ishy

Thank you ever so much for your response. I too am glad im not the only one. Even though I am professionally medicated i still self medicate with alcohol. Anger and alcohol don't mix well at all. When i do have outbursts of anger i hate myself immensely. The shame simply brings me to my knees. The self hatred is extreme.  I takes me weeks and months to get over it. And the the poor soul who i have let my anger out on, sometimes never get over it. 

Ishy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance