Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

Hey @Alone

I'm one of the moderators. It's exciting that NDIS plans are coming through but I can hear a lot of admin work goes with this process.

It sounds like you want to assist with technical issues via messaging if possible. I'm jumping in to let you know there is no private messaging function on the forums. The nature of the peer support forum is that any communication is done in the discussion threads. 

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

Aha!  Thanks Tortoiseshell, I had a quick look and saw that we cant PM.  I completely understand.  I'm happy to help in this thread, I just didnt want to derail it. 

It's ok, thanks for offering anyway @Alone   My CoS is going to take the completed forms and scan them and send them to the plan manager tomorrow morning so it's sorted.

What you can do is ask for female only support workers, I ask for 'mature female' coz I'm 56 and found the young ones don't really understand my goals or have enough life experience to handle hearing my trauma history etc.  You can also insist that you need to have an introduction meeting with them before deciding to go out with them or not.

We understand the frustration with trying to send emails on mobile @eth, did you manage to get it sorted out. Scanning is a bit more difficult in this day and age, are you able to take a picture using the camera on your phone and email that picture to them?

Good to read along and catch up with your journey @eth 

Smiley Happy

Hi @Alone 

Smiley Happy

It helps to understand some of the pitfalls.  Due to my early history I tend to jump in and swim, but get bitten by sharks.

My news: I was contacted by LAC and have an implementation meeting tomorrow. 

Hi @Appleblossom best wishes for a successful meeting with only positive outcomes.  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.  I found it really helped to have had a look at the NDIS price guide to see what was even possible before my first plan meeting.  It's a fairly big document but there are all sorts of things in there that I hadn't known were possible to ask for.  It's available on their website.  It also helped me clarify my goals.

Hi @eth ,

How did u go with sorting out all ur NDIS paperwork? Im hoping u were able to meet with someone or get some help re scanning of documents etc.

Hoping it is all sorted now and u r feeling better about things.

Thinking of u Eth.

💜 Doglover

Hi and good morning @Doglover 

Things are falling into place.  My coordinator of supports came to see me yesterday morning and I did a new service agreement with her organisation, plus she took the forms for the plan manager and sent them to her for me. And went on the NDIS portal on myGov with me to see my finalized version of my plan, which helped me see how straight-forward doing that is (after over a year feeling to anxious about doing it and avoiding it).  And is organising a change from a saturday support to a friday morning support which will cost a bit less.

But because of the meeting with her I now know that her organisation charges me $10 more per hour for support workers (and that's just on a week day) than the other one I use.  And yet again she did a rave about how much the company is losing due to their overheads, insurance and superannuation for their workers etc.  NOT MY PROBLEM.  And also yet again I was made to feel that I don't matter as much as her other clients.  So it confirmed my decision to get a new coordinator of supports from a different organisation when the time is right.  That way there'll be no conflict of interest between that person and having their organisation also provide support workers (hope that makes sense).

Thanks for asking how it's going.  What's going on for you?

Good morning also to @Appleblossom @Ali11 @Alone @Queenie @greenpea @Tortoiseshell  and anyone else reading this.

Sending all my wishes for you to feel assertive and determined today @Appleblossom   I really hope your meeting goes as well as it possibly can, and that there will be no delay in your plan being approved and sent to you.

I'm heading out soon with a support worker to bus it to and from the psychologist (and have an appointment there) and then walk to the shops to chemist, grocery store and maybe a coffee shop.  So that will be some more training towards getting around by myself, which I'm still not doing.

Have a good day all.

Hi @eth 

Thats a great idea to move away from someone who makes you feel like you don't matter as much as others.  I get the same thing from my community care coordinator and can't wait to get away from her.  Try and surround yourself with people who lift you up and support you.

I'm glad its all going well.  I'm still waiting for my plan to come through.  No doubt because its the first one it will take a lil while, but I hope its not too much longer.

Have a great day 🙂

@eth  Hi eth and good morning. Hope you have a great day with your support worker. 🙂 Good weather to be out and about in the sunshine. I am have finally caught the cold from my kidults so no support workers for me this week, I dont want to pass it on to them. A day at home instead. Take good care of yourself. greenpeaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance