Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

@JasJac @Kateeg84 @MattyToo @Kurra  @Former-Member  well it's taken a few weeks but here's an update :  NDIS sent me another 7 page form requesting supporting evidence after my initial access request.  I rang them and got an extension of the reply date and am still in process with that.  Form done by GP. Added reports from psychologist and psychiatrist and a letter from my family support people and one more letter to come from One Door, a mental health support organisation that is helping with this process.  I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to get help to apply for NDIS.  They also have care co-ordinators and support workers for after (if!) a plan is approved.  So once this form and all the evidence goes to NDIS it's another wait for a plan meeting with them if I am accepted, which One Door will come to with me.

Hi @eth, interesting to read your updates on this. I talked with my Phams support today about NDIS and am going to an information session next week. It's good to know about One Door as well. Cheers.

Hi @Mazarita@JasJac@Kateeg84@MattyToo@Kurra even with all that documentation NDIS declined me!  Will be seeking an internal review of their decision once I've got some more reports e.g. A functional assessment by an Occupational Therapist and more specific reports from psychologist and psychiatrist.  NDIS seems to think bipolar is not lifelong!!!  That's just one of their grounds for declining me.  They have also used against me the statement by the psychologist that I have moved to a supportive environment.  I have a new psychologist on board now ... Hoping her report helps more.   Feeling very down since getting the letter from NDIS.  Such a demoralising process.  

@eth, how terribly frustrating and demoralising! So sorry to hear you feeling down about it. No words to express how annoyed I am with this for your sake. I've always suspected the NDIS could be a way of 'getting rid' of some of us from the system of supports that are currently in place and funded. But I sincerely hope you are able to get the decision turned around with the different documentation. 

Oh no @eth ,

It seems a minefield from what my phams worker has told me. I'm not going for it but will lose phams support in a year or so because of it. I'm really sorry they are making you jump hoops and that you were declined. All these processes seem to cause so much harm. I hope your appeal goes through. I'm glad you have a good psychologist who has your back with it all. 

Thanks @Mazarita and @Former-Member.  Lovely to hear from you both.  You've been on my mind a lot too @Former-Member.  This NDIS process has taken over my life lately.  Hope today is one of the better ones for you both.

@eth, I know how hard it is to engage with the forum via mobile. If you're anything like me there is very slow typing involved. I find it a time consuming process. So I won't draw you into long conversation. Will be thinking of you in this new stage of the application process. Sending strength.

It's lovely to see you again @eth. I had been wondering how you are going. I've been really hit and miss around the forum lately. Is it just the forum you can't connect to @eth on your laptop? 

It's ok @Mazarita. I don't have anything else to do this morning and have been missing the forums and my friends here lately.

Yes @Former-Member else works fine on the laptop.  Just can't log onto the forums.  So frustrating and I rarely have access to this iPad to do it.  How are you going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance