Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Another year over, where to in 2016?

I'm not one for New Year's resolution, but when the year ends I do like to take a moment to pause to reflect over the past year, and to think about what my hopes are for the next year.

For me, this achievement this year's highlight was moving to the mountains with my loved one.

In 2016, I'm hoping that we can live healthier life in the mountains, hiking, walking, enjoying the fresh air, and living a slower paced life. Smiley Happy

What about you? What are your highlights and achievements of 2015 and their hopes for 2016?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Another year over, where to in 2016?

hmmm...

thinking...

I am proudest of my family and their ability to overcome personal fears, and take on challenges that may occur only once in a life time!

I'm proudest of my ability to keep the bigger goal in mind as I creep towards it, when others may have lost motivation and given up.

I also said I wouldn't do more, or put my hand up for additional things towards the end of the year, and you know what it felt good! Resolution, to practice this more Smiley LOL

Hi

In 2016, I'm hoping that we can live healthier , walking, enjoying the fresh air ,enjoy our hobbies more  and living a slower paced life which will be good . Smiley Happy

2015 was THE year for me.  After over 25 years of being married to a highly abusive man I finally found the courage to leave him.  That was HUGE and put me to the test.  I found strength, resilliance, determination and courage I never knew I had and faced my fears.  So for me 2015 was a year of personal growth that saw me grow in leaps and bounds and has gifted me with greater insights and wisdom.  

My hope for 2016 is to consolidate further on what was achieved in 2015.  Further healing, greater self-awareness, continuing strength and further dissolution of the bonds (still have an acrimonious divorce to get through).   I also hope that 2016 brings positive changes for my son who will be commencing in residential care for intensive treatment/education.  For me personally I would love to see my creativity blossom into something that becomes rewarding both financially and personally. 

My motto for 2016 is "Go with the flow".

Janna ❤️

Wonderful to hear about your amazing year @Janna, congratulations to you on your amazing strength, courage and personal growth. What a fantastic thing to celebrate, thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

All the best for consolidating and continuing to heal and grow in 2016! Would love to hear about your creativity blossoming too!

Wow @Janna, 2015 has been huge! Thank you for sharing your journey with us here on the forums. 

My biggest achievement in 2015 has been finding a job that I like and resigning from a job that I didn’t like. I also moved house on new years’ eve last year and feel grateful to have spent 2015 in a nice, homely home. Both these things have made me feel more focused which is nice. 

I’m hoping to open myself up to new challenges in 2016, although I’m not sure exactly how or what just yet. I’m also going to join @CherryBomb and @Shaz51 in hoping to live healthier and enjoy my hobbies more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance