Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Robin Williams did it for me

I really liked the fact a family member say of Robin Williams that he did not die of a euphemism ( could not post ) , he died of depression....this was very profound I thought. He was a great actor/ comedian and I was very upset about his death.

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Thanks a lot CherryBomb, that's good to know.

Thanks Sandy, I know it was a while ago now but thanks.

I thought people would be interested to know this info I just found an article on the autopsy results. He had a type of (undiagnosed) dementia. It explains a fair bit about why he took his own life, I think.

Kind regards, Kristin

Re: Another celebrity who lost the battle

Thanks for sharing that article @kristin - I became more depressed after Robin Williams death... I even cried. I saw him a few years ago at a live comedy show... I also was affected quite significantly by Heath Ledger's death, as I had seen him in real life and he had signed a movie poster for me.

Re: Another celebrity who lost the battle

WIth my fixation on suicide I was very aware of RW's passing at the time.  It was also a topic I could broach to discuss this delicate issue when my son was going through hard times.

@NikNik Yes we need to gently remind ourselves we can get through that dark hour or night .. 

Next month is my brother's 20th anniversary .. so I can feel for you @kristin.I am going to keep some contact with Support after suicide people.  It helps to see and BE with people at different stages of  this very unique type of grief.

The power of suggestion Is not infantile. Its just that different people have different vulnerabilities.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance