Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

A day of errands? @Shaz51

sure was @MDT  and mr shaz has bipolar 2 so he started worring about things xxx

@MDT hey may be just share some of my experiences when I was your age. I was diagnosed MI, just graduated, lost beloved grandfather who was my real parent. Was heavily abused by father and brother. Had to call police to move out of home. Was separated from my financee. Met my then mentors professionally. Was so sad that was in deep SI mode. Went from job to job, after four years, I started my professional role. On and off, had breakdowns five more times. Only recently feel more level since been on the forum.Along the way, I often was down,sad and hopeless. I met a few amazing people initially. Then I had a long ten year job which was chaotic. Often I was lonely. I miss the one I refused to marry. I didn't want to make him unhappy with my problems. I watched sunrises and sunsets, thinking they record my life story. Think you will get there. Don't hate MI. It is there with us like some magnet bonding us to some invisible Fate. It makes us relax with our vulnerability, Accept our human state. Then it tells stories of many lives. 

I was twenty eight when I started my first professional role. Take it easy. Live each day. Somehow there is happiness in tears. Think you will be fine. With MI, you know life much more than people same age.Take care

Ah I didnt know @Shaz51 Mr shaz has bipolar 2

Beauty @Meowmy
You are grand 🙂

@MDT  My eldest son went overseas to gain work in a area that he was happy in. He has been away 8 years now. @TAB  TABs has a point you might have to do something radical to get your foot into the door of the job that you really want. Or maybe do further study at TAFE maybe to compliment your university studies. My ex has a phd and is still studying it is the way of the world these days. Plus being in a recession (pollies never like to mention the r word) doesn't help.

There is a lot of conjecture in this area too @greenpea

Not conjecture I necessarily agree with. So I think it also is a case of figuring out where I stand on that front.

But I think i want to press pause on that now. Just focus on getting work and money. The rest can come by later.

Anyways. Hope you have a nice day my friend 🙂

@MDT Hey how are you this evening. Hope you are feeling a bit better. May be take weekend off, do some outing if not raining or out with friends, enjoy. Hope you will have good sleep.

Thanks @Meowmy
Not good over here. Thanks though

Be .. more funny @MDT 😎😸🎩
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance