Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

are you registered with centrelink or similar @TAB ?

@Zoe7 did the resume. 50% of the task complete. Will do Cover Letter tomorrow. Government stuff is hard to apply for because it's so dense.

Great work @Flying_Hams  I am heading to bed soon - just need to get Cat in from outside. Goodnight buddy Smiley Very Happy

...and goodnight @TAB  Smiley Happy

nite @Zoe7

"for in dreams we enter a world entirely of our own. We can swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest mountain"

Yes @Flying_Hams but getting 1 weeks payment in a weeks time Ive run savings down to scary level thought was doing ok

hi gang. 

@Flying_Hams  well done on your application work. I sympathise with perfecting & working on one and then using it as a template. good idea. it odes pay off. and awesome that you're getting to the gym.

hi @TAB , well done on your patience. sounds really tough. hope today goes well for you & maybe you get some good news

hi @Zoe7 , hope you have a good day at work, almost the weekend! 

hi @Sam3 good luck with the rest of your working week, hope it goes well. I have felt disconnected on anti-psychotics but could feel more (more positive emotion & more connection) with an srri added.

my goal is to go for a hike today, I spent yesterday doing errands and trying to stop re-playing my interview in my head & to calm down. Made a big batch of bologense and left it to cool then forgot to put it in the fridge before bed! oh well!

sure bolognase will be fine @BryanaCamp  anyway dunno if am patient, its a muddle atm, but am going to work today, see how it goes, its like 1-2 shifts, not the job that I mentioned the other day that clashed with appt.

Draft cover letter completed
My brainahs turned into jelly. Writing public service applications is hard. Spelling everything out is hard for me because I like to write in conversational tones.
But I think i have a good base on which to edit.
At least it's done. 75% done.
Thanks again.

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Ant7 @TAB @outlander @greenpea @frog @utopia @Appleblossom @Sam3 @BryanaCamp

Basically need to spell everything out.
"I work as a tutor" changes into "I work in consultation with various parties and stakeholders in order to fulfil the educational requirements of my students to pass their exams"

@Flying_Hams Hope you have gotten through most of those applications - I can see from your example how frustrating it would be writing everything out in such a long winded way. Sometimes I think these places make it so much more difficutl than it needs to be - why can't it all be kept simple - you can either do the job or not and writing a long winded application doesn't always equate to your actual capabilities.

@BryanaCamp Hope you got out for your hike today. Pit about the spag bol - I do that occasionally too - cook up something and then forget to put the leftovers in the fridge - I put that down to tiredness mostly.

@TAB Hope you got on okay at work - a couple of shifts are better than nothing at this stage - you definitely need the money.

Yeah still here too many variables @Zoe7 bushfires just been thrown in mix was supposed to be going home tomorrow
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance