Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: A long rave

Thats wonderful news about your housing application @eth ... it must take a massive load off your shoulders knowing its done prior to the expiry date.  

Sherry ✔💖

Sure does @Former-Member   Have to do another job I've delayed next - changing my payment details on all the things that had my previous card no. (the one that was cancelled due to being hacked).  Bloody administrivia - it's a never ending story in my life!

Good Morning all! (Close to the arvo actually)

@eth @Blep @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Adge @TAB @Hamsolo01 @Sherry @Maggie @outlander @frog  

Awesome news @eth ! It will be worth it all when everything is finally done!

As for me, I've savoured some dark choc with peppermint crisp, and just enjoy today.

Have a great day everyone!

BPDSurvivor

Hey @eth , @bpdsurvivor and everyone else around today.

I think this will be a nice place for me to join in every now and then. I don't talk to alot of people so this will do quite nicely.

Congratulations @eth with the application. Fingers crossed you don't have to give that extra paperwork. Centerlink can be such a pain! I was on the phone with them yesterday for 1hr while they tried to fixed my payment. Was a bit annoying because someone last week was meant to fix it and didn't. At least it is done and I recieved my payment today.

I am such a sucker for chocolate at the moment @bpdsurvivor. I had gestational diabetes but after giving birth my sugars are back to normal. I now can't stop eating it. I guess I'm making up for all that last time.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. A gf of mine who has a 1yr old and I are having a mums day out. The kids are spending the day with their fathers while we go out shopping and ofcourse a well deserved beer! I can't wait. I can't remember the last time I did something with someone other than my little man or husband.

@BPDSurvivor  ^^^ message above for you

Hi @Blep 👋💕

Hi everyone.

I can hear again now (finally) – nurse flushed wax out of both ears.

That was such a relief.

Being deaf in one ear (then the other ear as well), was knocking my confidence down – felt like being in the Twilight Zone (weird Sci-Fi).

My Blood Pressure has finally come down – due to my Prostate medication (Dr thinks).

Prostate meds reduces blood pressure - as a positive (known) side-effect.

So I don’t need to take extra Blood Pressure medication.

I got my Referral to see Surgeon – to have internal stitches (out through skin) looked at.

I don’t know what will happen then – there is still a ban on any “elective surgery”, so they cannot operate on it.

My distress levels are very high, not coming down much yet (since past few weeks).

Having to focus on one small task at a time, one hour at a time.

Not succeeding in getting myself out anywhere (for outings or enjoyment) – so far still just the shops, 3km away.

Dissociation (daze) quite bad – that's a trauma survivor's symptom.

Grounding or any focus is not working well (or at all).

I cannot believe that almost 3 weeks has passed (already), since I lost my job (termination).

Nothing seems to have changed, yet where has the 3 weeks gone?

Practically, yes I have done (achieved) quite a list of things - yet emotionally I still feel in shock.

Cannot see past losing my job (was not supposed to happen) - to plan any next step or goal.

Oh, I needed to do trips away - I have not had a holiday, or any trip away in 3 years (at least).

I haven't done that yet either (that's supposed to come first)....

More necessary that getting a new job.

Adge

@Adge 

Yep Health comes first.  Once the surgeons have been digging, things get complicated.  I hope you get some relief and the necessary health care SOON.

Smiley Happy

@BlepHey.  Enjoy Mums day out!

Smiley Happy

@BPDSurvivor   Nyuuum!

Smiley Happy

@Faith-and-HopeBella!

Smiley Happy

@eth   YAY you managed administrivia!  That word made me smile ... hope its all in the bag ... for the next little while at least.   It will be really nice for you to have some secure housing, even if there might be a compromise here or there ... there is always some compromising. 

Smiley Happy

Hey @Faith-and-Hope. Hope you are well 😊

Thanks for the tag earlier @BPDSurvivor 👍 i didnt recieve it till now though cause of the glitch happening atm.
Hope your going ok..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance