Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Best wishes and Stay safe

@Mazarita @Lise07 @eth @Gazza75 @Molliex Hamsolo and all forum users in fire zones.

Hi @Lise07  you don't have to keep up appearances here.  It's sometimes really good to just let it all out here.  The long rave is good for that.  You will definitely find support here.

Hi @cutiepiekitty  well done you for being so brave and sharing with B something you'd never talked about before.  Sounds like you feel safe with her.  Your picture sounds lovely.  I did go and get some of those pens today - thanks for the tip.

Hi @Appleblossom  hope your day has been a good one.  It's still 36 with hot winds here.  For once I'm glad to live in town and not rurally.  So many people suffering and struggling with the fires.  And all the critters too.  

@Gazza75  hoping your farm is not being affected by local fires.  Stay safe.

Yes @eth I feel comfortable with her now and trust her. Was the 5th time seeing her and it took that long to get to that stage. 

My car engine made weird banging (or flapping) noises, driving to work (this morning).

It scared me, like something major was wrong.

Then when I opened the bonnet, the engine was sizzling - like it had over-heated.

I could not find out what was wrong.

The Radiator fluid was fine, the engine oil level was okay I think (I topped it up just in case).

I've booked a mobile mechanic to check my car tomorrow - because it may be serious.

Certainly scared me.

The engine wiring in my old car bonnet virtually melted from short-circuiting (years ago), & almost caught the car on fire (I only just managed to drive home).

That was very scary.

Adge

Hi and good morning to anyone around this morning.  I havent' gone thru my notifications or read back pages yet since I was here Tuesday night.  Saying hi and tagging @Snowie @Julia2019 @Shaz51 @CheerBear @Owlunar @MDT @Adge @Appleblossom @greenpea @Maggie and @Angels333  because I can see you've tagged me - will try to respond individually when I get a chance to.  Thanks for the tags.

I have a meeting this afternoon with my new coordinator of supports and quite a bit to do this morning to be organised enough to use his time efficiently.  Including checking out another 7 applicants for a job I advertised for new support workers.  That makes about 20 all together and I need to make a short list of the most potentially suitable ones.  Hoping to then interview maybe 5 and then choose 2 to add to my team.

Saw my psychologist yesterday and she reminded me that if I get too busy and don't have enough down time I can go into hypomania,  something I very much want to avoid.  So I might not be around some days, but will always try to respond where I am tagged even if not immediately. 

I can also see that some interesting new threads have been started and will try to join in at some stage, but it may not be until Saturday.

Hope today has started gently for all.  I managed to get an extra nap this morning but am still feeling a bit foggy despite having a lot to do.  Might be a day for a 2nd coffee!

Take care all.

Still thinking of you too @Former-Member  and hoping you are still safe from the fires in your area.

There's always coffee @eth 

It seems as if you have got a lot to do - and let's hope you can slow down and not overdo things and get over extended. Cutting your short list down to five sounds good - and it's not always the best resume that does the trick - maybe there is something in what a person admits almost casually that catches your eye - it's something to learn and this is the first day on the job so to speak - and then the interviews

We get it that you can't always be answers tags - it's great when you do - but doing this new task is pretty important and you want your support workers to be people you can improve the whole job performance with - you'll do great I am sure

We'll be looking forward to the weekend when you can post - and all the best with this new task - and there should be more coffee at the end of this email - yes - there is

Dec

Here you go - 2nd coffeeHere you go - 2nd coffee

Mr shaz just made me a coffee @Owlunar , @Mazarita , @eth , @Adge , @cutiepiekitty Heart

Great @Shaz51 

A friend rang me after craft and said that I was not looking good enough and to get around there for coffee. We just sat watching tv, colouring, drinking coffee and even had choc biscuits! Inside was best at 41 degrees today. She even told me a couple things I have said to her that I really do not remember saying and that are worth thinking about, why some things make me feel certain ways.

@eth thinking of you 💕💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance