Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hope you feel better soon @Zoe7   Good to hear you have sick leave you can use.

@Appleblossom  I'm very sorry to hear what's going on for you.  Hope that having to deal with the police you are listened to properly.  And that the neighbour has settled down.  And especially that hospital helps your son achieve more balance and insight.  Take care my friend.  Here for you xx

Feeling a lot better this morning than I was yesterday @eth Still taking it easy today and will catch up on some sleep but the uncomfortable head symptoms have eased. Still can't breathe out of my nose but it has stopped dripping like a tap Smiley Surprised

I have to go into work after school to feed the hermit crabs and fill up their water for over the weekend - also have to go to the chemist so will do those things all at once this afternoon then home again and straight into jammies and back on the couch.

I am also hoping to begin unpacking the trailer but that will very much be dependent on how much energy I have, whether I can physically lifet anything and if I can breathe.

What do you have on today Hon?

@Zoe7  don't overdo it with the trailer job ok?  

I have a support worker for 2 1/2 hours from 10.30.  Will walk to the chemist and back and then maybe go check out the latest exhibition at the main art gallery and see if there's anything there that inspires me to write in response (ekphrastic writing) which is the exercise for my creative writing group at the moment.   They gather next wed and I haven't written anything in the 3 weeks since last gathering.  I can always re-work something I've written before now, but would rather have something new.

Hope you make it to the exhibition and it inspires you @eth Smiley Happy

I will not overdo it with the trailer but need to get at least some off today so I can start cutting the palings over the weekend. If we do not get the birdhouses started from Monday then we will not get them finished for the Art Expo in a couple of weeks.

I can also take some time today to begin planning for next week - that is something I can do while resting up as well. I couldn't do anything yesterday as I was just too unwell but feeling a little better today I can also focus better.

@Zoe7  that sounds like another fabulous project for your kids.  I hadn't heard about it yet.  You are amazing the way you come up with such great ideas for them.  I imagine building bird houses will involve some measuring, maths etc.  

Feel better soon xx

The forum yesterday was interesting and I found out a little about a few things relevant to me that I will research with my peer mentor I hope.  Did get to meet her too and even  had a few hugs with her and others.  The people from the disability alliance are so warm and welcoming, I get quite emotional each time I am with them.  One of the things one carer parent spoke about was the extreme importance and value of 'freely given friendships' in the community as part of safeguarding a person.  It was profound.  I reflected that that is also something we have here on the forums, and also that it is strong within the disability alliance.  So I've decided to try out their 'catch up crew' which is one night a month, even tho' it is at a pub. Unfortunately I'll be away for the next one but it will happen sooner than later.  Also I was invited to join their womens' group which I'll really look forward to.  Both these activities are more social and don't have an agenda like the other gatherings I've been to so far so more opportunity to make friends and hear more of people's stories.

The whole day was pretty tiring, with presentations by people with disabilities, support workers, support organizations, the National Disability Services Commission and the NDIS about their code of conduct, all chaired really well by the disability alliance.  The topic was Quality and Safeguarding in the Disability Sector.

It sounds like a really lovely and productive day for you yesterday @eth So great you can join in some groups as well - that is awesome for you Hon Smiley Very Happy

We do have that 'freely given friendships' here on the forum. So many of us have really strong bonds with people but as a whole community we are all connected and openly give and receive that sense of friendship and support as well. It is the cornerstone of why this place works - everyone is accepted, encourage and welcomed despite so many differences and views. It reflects how society should be and serves as a great example of how so many different people can 'live' in the same space.

We have a school Art Expo coming up in a couple of weeks and I am doing the birdhouses with the kids for that. I am falling behind in actually achieving that but aiming to get 4 done each day with the kids over the next 2 weeks and that will leave a couple of days for them to decorate as they wish with an extra weekend in there for everything to dry. I will cut each piece needed but they will need to drill, glue and nail everything together themselves then paint or decorate themselves. They actually look better all natural but that is up to the kids. It will be a lot of work - and a lot of planning to have those not doing the birdhouses occupied with work they can do independently - so a lot to get done over the weekend. My aim is to get the fence palings off the trailer and the nails out of them today and then cut them up tomorrow and Sunday. The cutting itself will usually take less time than the preparation but knowing I am pretty weak still I will need to take more time to do it all.

Good on you @Zoe7  I'm sure you'll reach your goal with the bird houses.  I've got to go now.  Have a restful but productive day xx

Hope you have a good day @eth I need to rest for a while myself Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7 have a good day. 

@eth have a good day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance