Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Thanks @Jupiter 

This message is good to read - truly

Dec

Dear @Emelia8 , thinking of you very much...sending many warm gentle hugs, and wishes for your wellbeing and safety. You are precious and worthy of care and support. I hope for some peace, hope, and healing for you Heart

@Emelia8 @Owlunar @greenpea  and everyone else here.  I'm aware of what's happened and very pleased to see a swift and appropriate response.  I saw the post in my notifications unfortunately.  Wonderful to see everyone supporting each other here so strongly.  Hoping @Emelia8  that you feel caught in a safety net.  Sending love and hugs to all affected xoxo

Hi @eth 

You read it too - my stars - I was hoping I was the only one and then the messages started

I hope you are okay - I am - but I tend to fall apart after the event and a good cup of coffee might be in order

And it was wonderful to have so much support coming in - glorious actually

I guess people got it in their emails - which I don't - I hadn't thought about that until now -

But thanks for reminding me

Dec

@Owlunar wrote:

I hope you are okay - I am - but I tend to fall apart after the event and a good cup of coffee might be in order

@Owlunar  hoping you are OK and can sit down and have that coffee and relax, take care of yourself. You did good. 🙂

I'm fine thanks @Owlunar   I'm reconciled to the fact that this sort of thing can happen occasionally on the forums and can shake it off pretty well - much more resilient than I used to be thank goodness.  But very concerned about the effect on many others here.  I know how alarming and distressing that sort of thing can be.  Thank goodness the mods agreed and took action.   

@Emelia8  I hope you're ok out there - you are strongly on my mind and it will be good to hear from you when you're ready.  I could understand if you needed a bit of time out tho'.    

xoxo to you both

Thanks @eth 

I am pretty resilent too - and I hardly ever get on line early but today I did and so glad I did - I reacted very quickly

And yes - it happens - a long time ago - when I was young - in my 60s - I got caught up in the games other people play from time to time and learned to quickly move on when this happened.

But this site is so safe and well moderated - when something goes awry it can be dealt with very quickly - which happened today - and I hope everyone is okay

It's nearly 11.00am and I am having my first coffee - it taste really good

Dec

Thanks @NatureLover 

Yes - I am having that cup of coffee and it tastes so good - and the news will be on soon and I will watch that - and catch up with the other world outside

Yes - I will take care of myself - and I think I did good too - Smiley Happy

Dec

@Emelia8 

Hi Em

At last I have a coffee and I am sending a post to you - after all that went on this morning 

To let you know - there was a post - directed to a number of us - it was pretty harsh and from someone who didn't know any about how people here care about each other

But the good thing is - pages of other people supporting each other and caring about you and how you would feel - and I am so glad to be part of such support for you and your battle 

I hope you are okay and didn't read the message - we all care about you so much here - I am sending my best thoughts and hoping you are well right now

Dec

Best thoughtsBest thoughts

I am glad to see everyone has had the opportunity to debrief a bit about the impact of this post Heart I hope that, from here on, we will be able to move forward from it together and continue to focus on what is most important about the forums - positive peer support.

Again, if this is stilly sitting heavily with anyone, please reach out to a helpline or your offline supports Smiley Happy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance