Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Warrior Princess!!!

Sleep well beautiful. I'll be at yours just after 8 ready for the road trip xxx

Love and hugs πŸ™πŸ’ž

@Emelia8 

@Emelia8 πŸ’›

Thanks @Anastasia @outlander πŸŒΊ

Ha ha @Anastasia πŸ˜„ definitely no warrior princess, just a busy little bee 🐝

But I will say that, once Id finished tonight, there is no visible evidence that a party ever took place here earlier. That makes me happy. Weeellll ... unless anyone decided to check the recycling bin for beer and wine bottles. 🍻🍷And the washing basket for dirty tablecloths and tea-towels. No time to wash before I leave this morning.

Hubby very much worse for wear. 5 mins after last guest departed, he was in bed asleep.Refused to take his night meds. But not before telling me that it was a great day ... except for me. πŸ’”

He was annoyed at me for not spending more time with the guests, and for starting to clear up before the last guest had left. πŸ˜”

Okay @Anastasia , sounds good. We leave on the stroke of 8.15am. Thanks for braving another trip with me. 🌷

Emelia πŸ’ž

@Emelia8  Dearest Em as @Anastasia  as @Anastasia  said you are a 'Warrior Princess'. Hoping you slept well last night and that today will be cooler for you. Love peaHeartHeart

Oh hunny 😠

If only he realised that it was a great day BECAUSE OF YOU @Emelia8 

I'm nearly ready, be there in a jiffy for laughs along the way.

Perhaps if you feel up to it after treatment I'll make you a cuppa and we can have a  proper chat. πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ’ž

Yes @Anastasia ... you are probably right. Much better way of looking at things, even if thats not how he sees it.

By the time I have my treatment, hopefully get checked into unit straight after and get settled in ... maybe about 11am. I reckon I could use a nice relaxing cuppa by then. Might even walk down to the little shopping centre down the road. They have a couple of coffee shops and eateries. Its only a 10 min brisk walk, and weather is cooler today. I would welcome some company. 😊

Must get moving now ... trying to get hubby up and moving first. 

Emelia πŸ’ž

@Emelia8 hoping today goes ok for you hun

You did such a good job of getting through yesterday.

lots of hugs πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Been a bit of a hectic morning. Arrived at hospital on time, but they were running late this morning. Finally got in though, and thats #10 done and dusted now.

They wanted me to talk to the local breastcare nurse afterwards. Which I did, but that took another half hour as well.

Then I went and got a few things at shops 10 mins down the road. Got all my meals here now for my stay. Then back here to the hospital and checked into my unit. My home for 2 nights this week.

I had a beautiful surprise here in my room, when I walked in. There was a box sitting on the little dining table, which I noticed the minute I walked in. I checked it, thinking someone had left something behind.  But it was addressed to me. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

A friend had sent a "feel better box' to me, to use while I stay up here. How lovely is that? 

Lots of beaut goodies in it too. One thing I can use straight away is a lovely moisturing skin milk. Meant to put lots of moisturiser on my burned skin (from radiation), several times a day but especially just after radiation. The nurse suggested keeping it in fridge to help take some of the burn and sting out of the damaged skin.

I see there is also a lip balm in my pamper pack. My lips are so dry lately, and I forgot to pack my balm. So how good was this pack from my friend?

I have to explore the rest of my box now ... ah yes, herbal tea, bath salts, fragrant candle, and a velvet eye mask. If I had a complaint about this accommodation, it is that they have lights on outside all night. And I like darkness to sleep. So this eye mask will help with that.

Feeling quite emotional now. And realising how incredibly fortunate I really am. Feeling very blessed.

@Snowie @Anastasia @greenpea @outlander @WIP @Bow @BlueBay @Eve7 @Owlunar @Peri @Former-Member 

Emelia πŸ’ž

That all sounds lovely, so happy you have been deservedly spoilt πŸ™‚

Now time to relax and look after YOU Heart

@Emelia8 

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

sending lots of love Heart @Emelia8
what a thoughful thing for your friend to do!it sounds like lovely gift

how many weeks/sessions of radiation do you need to do all up?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance