Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

I was promised and funded for support, so where is it?

I grow weary of this NDIS fiasco. Yes, I am thankful I received a package but disappointed nobody wants to support me. I've approached several (about 10) organisations and individual workers (on hire up) and nobody is interested in being my support worker, despite ample funding. People say "oh we'll get back to you tomorrow" and never do despite me calling several times. I feel saddened. I must be labelled "difficult to work with" or something. I really thought it would be different now but because I wasn't funded for support coordination, I have to look for my own supports and therapies myself. Nobody is interested. I'm on the verge of giving up. I live pretty isolated lifestyles and now I've given up alcohol and only take medications prescribed to me (no illicit drugs for 11 years now), things are pretty well isolating. Yes I go to college but I don't think of that as a social setting at all. I don't talk to people there except for my Mrs and half the time she isn't listening. For the past 3 weeks she has had her kids here and told me I have to quietly play second fiddle while they are here. Most of the time I spend in bed wishing the days away. I know the family talk about how much time I spend in bed but I really couldn't care less. I support my cousin via telephone and face to face, but she doesn't know my secret struggle just to stay in the world. 

I don't know if I should be angry at the lack of support I am receiving. I only ever really get angry at myself so I just don't know. I've tried making complaints and got nowhere, oh well.

I'll shut up now.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I was promised and funded for support, so where is it?

Hi @Queenie, just want you to know that I have read and heard your post, and feeling for your predicament. Also hoping @eth might read this post and be able to support you too. Kindest wishes, Maz ox

@Queenie Heart

Sorry to hear that the transition has been triggering.  NDIS is supposed to solve not cause problems.

I'm afraid there are huge holes in the transition to NDIS phase @Appleblossom. The sad thing about talking about my struggle is, I know I'm not alone in that. I dread to think how others who don't function so well are coping.

It's a farce! Or maybe I'm just being bitter. Tomorrow I will make yet more phone calls looking for support workers.... sigh.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance