Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: visible SH scars

I'm so very sorry for your terrible pain, @Eve7  😥 💔

I appreciate your kindness @NatureLover but I did give in and fail today.

@Eve7 ...please don't feel bad...you're in awful pain. Sending you lots of hugs, dear friend... 💛

Thank you @NatureLover 

Hi there @Eve7 , I can hear that you've been grappling with SH today and urges around SH. It can be really tricky to work with these urges when you are feeling them, so just dropping you a reply to let you know you that we are here with you. Are you feeling okay, would you consider reaching out to Lifeline or SCBS for a talk? It’s important you are able to stay safe and out of harms way and if you need immediate help please phone 000.

Reminding you that you are not alone and we see you and are here to support you always,

Otter

Thank you @Otter I managed to get onto SANE chat and will follow through with her advice.

Thank you for sharing @TheVorticon.  I know noone who openly shares that they are or have struggled with self harm.  Im in my late 40's and late last year a traumatic event set off a series of events, which left me self-harming, among other things.  Its been 50 days since I last hurt myself and battle most days.  Your post gives me hope that there is some freedom.  

Thank you for sharing.  Most people around me don't get this struggle at all.   

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance