Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

the need to be positive ,what am I thankful for?

hi all anxiety today at an in person appointment could feel tension in the room despite only myself and two others in the room anyway music is helping alot I find myself singing about my feelings as a way to deal with feelings when alone                              what am I thankfull for ?                                                                                       not always an easy question to answer as maybe sometimes I take the good for granted when mostly focussed on negative                                                                what am I thankfull for anything thats gives a sense of enjoyment and distraction in the moment, music,a safe place to live,hot coffee or iced coffee,food       good memories,funny Jokes,family stories,the fact that I still have some family support currently even if that is only few people,the fact that I erased a negative comment about myself in public,watching documentries and movies and series on Netflix Im thankfull for the fact Im not alone even when it feels that way,Im thankfull that not everyone gives up on me,Im thankfull for forgiveness and understanding,Im thankfull for quiet time to unwind and noisy fun times with people I love,Im thankfull for spur of the momment good and funny memories,Im thankfull for trying one day at a time,Im thankfull to those who still feel Im valueable even when I dont feel valueable,Im thankfull for the good people or most importantly the kind people,Im thankful for the sunny days and starry nights,Im thankfull for forum friends who understand HeartHeartHeart

1 REPLY 1

Re: the need to be positive ,what am I thankful for?

Heart-warming to read your list of gratitudes, @LostAngelHeart

For anyone passing by interested in this subject, I have a simple free Android app with no ads on my mobile called 'Presently'. It prompts every day to write one thing I am grateful for. Takes only seconds to do it each day, less than the time it takes for me to send an sms.

I've been doing it for more than a year now every day. I don't feel much when I do it, but the effect really adds up over time, giving a lighter feeling to my sense of my life.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance