Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

It might be wise next time you have an appt with endocrinologist (and probably

GP as well) to take something to eat along with you; they will likely want to witness this themselves. 

It could be I am having a diabetic hypo before dinner @Former-Member 

or could be Diabetic Neropathy which I hope not

I believe that by eating in front of the doc can help them in relation diagnosis @Shaz51 . Keeping a diary of when it happens might help too.

i will @Former-Member , good idea Heart

Checking in to see how you are going with healthy eating @Shaz51  @Adge  @Determined .

I had a 4 day relapse with a box of Milo breakfast cereal that was on sale but am back on track.

box of Milo breakfast cereal-- mr shaz loves them @Former-Member 

getting back to eat more veges Smiley Very Happy

also brought some diced fruit in juice to eat in small containers which is handy and good

Relised today that we don`t drink much water in winter as we do in summer , so have to keep up the water

also I had only one episode of sweating while eating this week , so not sure what it is xx

A bit slack on the diet front atm @Former-Member 

More skipping meals than eating the wrong things.  Tryimg to keep a food diet for dr has highlighted just how often I skip meals. Supposed to be eating more consistently to get my liver function back on track. 

Recently had reflux meds reduced. Need to have a change due to new rules and symptoms are starting to return. That is not helping with the appetite. The alt I tried 15+ years ago and they did not agree with me so a little 😬 about it all. 

Recently had reflux meds increased here @Determined 

got diagnosed with having a hiatus hernia

I was diagnosed with hiatus hernia 10+ years ago @Shaz51  but end of last year barrets esophagus after a scope. (This was significant change from last scope 18ish months previous). Surgeon has had me on very high dose since then but can't have that long term. In fact can't even continue on the meds I have been taking for 15+ years due to some new rule. 

I am classed as high risk as my dad died from cancer in the esophagus. One of the reasons I have regular scopes.  

Drs always banging on about my weight (which is valad) but I had chronic reflux when I was less than 60 kg. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance