Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

that`s the way to go my sister @BlueBay , enjoy it with your own beautiful children and your  gorgeous little A granddaughter. Heart

happy easter @Meowmy , @BlueBay , @Ant7 , @Owlunar , @Flying_Hams , @Former-Member 

Hi @Shaz51 @Meowmy @Ant7 @Owlunar @Flying_Hams @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Razzle @Former-Member @outlander 

we had a nice day. My daughters partner came over and A was hsppy to see her dad. We had lunch outside and then took A to the park down the road. After we got bsvk my daughter hid some Easter eggs around the garden. She bought A s little basket. She walked around the garden and found sll the eggs!!! Clever little Thing 😊

it was so nice to see A look around. She was so excited putting them in her basket. 

I’m tired just sitting down. A is still playing eith her mum snd dad in the other room. 

Younger son asleep in bed.  Both boys had a very late night out. Other son left before as he started work at 3pm. 

I think of my parents and the excuses she uses. But I’m not going to let it get yo me - I had a good day, we all had a good day. 

Hope everyone is having a nice day. Xxx

You cannot control the actions of others @BlueBay but you made the most out of the day with ho wasa there and had a wonderful time - so glad for you Heart

@BlueBay so glad you had a lovely day with your family and so much fun watching your little granddaughter play. Hope this will be a new beginning for you. Easter Sunday is about resurrections, renewal, come back to life those cherished dreams, happiness.

Hope all go well for you and family.

Former-Member
Not applicable

So good to hear @BlueBay  that what started out as a disappointing day, ended up being a good day for you.  It sounds lovely, and I'm really pleased for you.

My day has been quiet and uneventful.  I have some easter eggs to open up after dinner tonight.  No egg hunt though. Your granddaughter A sounds like a clever little girl collecting all those hidden eggs in her basket.  So cute.

Sherry 

so glad you had a lovely day with your family and so much fun watching your little granddaughter play my sister @BlueBay , more wonderful memoriers xxx

Hello @Meowmy , @Former-Member , @Zoe7 , @Ant7 

@BlueBay   I’m glad you had a good day, the egg hunt sounded like a lot of fun.  

My son, his partner and our new little granddaughter came home before Easter and were supposed to spend Easter with us, but it all ended very abruptly Friday night and they left Saturday morning saying the baby was sick (she wasn’t).  They have been telling us a lot of lies lately.  My sons partner had been texting her mother all day before she told us they were

leaving the next morning.  I asked my son what was going on, long story short her mother was telling her to come home so our visit was cut short.  I spent  most of yesterday and last night crying, and most of this morning crying.  

Most of my family and my husbands family haven’t even met the baby yet.  I have been going over and over in my head what I may have said that made the baby’s mum decide to cut the visit short.  Everything had been fine right up until late Friday afternoon.  We were having a pleasant conversation, talking about how the baby was enjoying a nappy free kick on the floor when everything just went south.  Something changed and she announced the baby was sick and they were leaving the next morning.  

I feel absolutely terrible, like I’ve done or said something to make them leave. My husband said I didn’t do anything wrong.  We rang our son when they got home, I was crying on the phone but I could hear he had me on speaker phone ( he isn’t allowed to take calls privately) so I ended up finishing the call.

i can’t do this anymore, I can get attached to a little girl that I’m not going to be allowed to have a relationship with.  It is such a struggle to be able to see her, every time we try there is always an excuse to why we can’t visit. Even when we say we don’t care about their excuses they just make it so difficult.  It shouldn’t have to be this hard.

Oh @Razzle  I’m so sorry that you been treated like this. It’s heartbreaking. I really feel for you. 

Why are they or more your DIL treating you like this. 

It sounds like your son can’t or doesn’t say much to you. Why does the phone have to be on loud speaker? It’s like she wants to listen to everything. 

I feel really sad for you because I have a granddaughter and a very close relationship with her  and I know how difficult it must be for you to not be close because of your DIL. 

Why do people have to be so nasty?

i just don’t know what else to say @Razzle but I do feel for you. It’s really tough 

sending you love snd hugs ❤️❤️

@Razzle @BlueBay  Sorry to hear your troubles at home. Grand children are such treasures. It can be hard. My nephew was a sweet little boy but his mother, my sister in law and her family have very different values. So I end up not having much relationship with my nephew.

I guess it is hard in the beginning and sad. After a while, I became more at ease with the situation.

I hope you will feel better soon.

sooo sending you tender hugs @Razzle  HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance