Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

how life is looking for now

Hi everyone just a more upbeat/reflective post on how things are going currently         self care has become my number one priority and is an ongoing work in progress         all things healthwise,physically and emotionally always room for improovement Smiley Happy                                                                                  In Terms of getting Counselling in Particular to help deal with Anxiety/depression ect     I have been a little slow at it but am getting there am trying to think of places ect to call,at the momment my phone is a frustration as I am needing to set up a new one as the old phone is pretty much had it aka frustrating to use now so once my new phone is set up that will help improove my ability to communicate with family and friends so I am currently working on getting info off my phone to my laptop so that nothing is lost as I have anxiety about loosing important photos,messages ect,communication itself has been more of an issue lately regardless of my phone being a pain as there are some family conflict/misunderstangs happening as all families do we disagree and ague from time to time but anyway since the weekend Ive been worried cause one family member got so upset about not being invited somewhere,a small family get together for my Brothers Birthday which was only organised on a whim between me and small part of our family so not everyone was there or able to be there in the first placeSmiley Sadbut one person sent the worst messages to be and others who where at the get together because they hadnt been invited to the get together,now as you guys on the forums would know Ive been dealing with some internal issues as of late and it was understandle for this person to be upset but they took it too far by unfriending me and another family member who orgaized the get together,but we did not orgaize a lat minute party for my brother to offend or make anyone else in the family upset it was simply something to help ourselves feel happy,to have a bit of fun and have an emotional/social outlet after how things have been this year so its frustrating that one person got so upset that wasnt called for I admit I made the mistake and should have invited this family member but with whats been going on in my own head ect and I know Im usually more inclusive about having as many family around as possible but thats just not how things could go this time besides the other family member who was helping me organize this get together is clearly emotionally different as well after the lockdowns theyve endured as they have been stuck in melbourne for a majority of the past months so I guess to me it doesnt feel fair or right to put a heap of preaure on us all cause frankly Ive noticed a change in family around me cause of the lockdowns that have happend we all have emotional scars from that so to speak I felt sorry for the one who helped organize the party that someone else decides theyre offended for not being invited to it and I know its out of character for me not to invite everyone like usual but everyones been going through stuff emotional stuff.anyway we still had a good time but yes theres always some form of family drama I guess,now to today its been a relatively good day I went out to do some clothes shopping,got some Bargains on sale and treated myself to lunch from my favourite Bakery,the weather cleared up today somewhat despite it being a rather cold morning to begin with oh yes and to do with counselling Im at the point of having at least one group trying to reach back to me for a chat about how they can help so hopefully that will work out,Im also trying to think kindly after all we are all just doing the best we can LostAngelHeart

7 REPLIES 7

Re: how life is looking for now

Hi @LostAngel,

This is our first time chatting - it's nice to e-meet you!

I saw this post and could relate so I wanted to send a message. It sounds like you have been balancing a lot this week refocussing some time on you and your wellbeing, while also coping with some difficult conversations with family. 

As you mentioned, lockdown has had a big impact on so everyone's wellbeing and with that has come a lot of change with interpersonal relationships and families too. That would have been hard to sit with the strong feelings your family member was having about not being there. Something I can relate to!

You did a really lovely thing for your brother, and I hope that the reaction of the family member that wasn't invited didn't impact what sounds like a really thoughtful way to celebrate your brother's special day 💙 The way you framed it that despite the comments from a family member and that difficult conversation, that you did all have a good time at the birthday get together, and that is really good to hear. 

I loved reading about the things you are doing to make time for you- the bakery and shopping trip sounds like lots of fun! Have you got any plans for today?

Daisydreamer 🌼

Hi @Daisydreamer nice to meet you too Smiley Happy todays plans are pretty much stay at home and get some things done around the house just did the vaccumning so that was good excercise as Im not excercising as much as I could be but today so far is a good day in terms of family and self care,eating regulary and sleeping regulary seem to help with my anxiety ups and downs,been thinking and being introspectective today,it feels good to complete some goals,maybe a movie on netflix later as a reward or something however study needs to be done first and as always check on the bills thats about it for now,like your choice of Forum name by the way,hows your day going?,have you been able to get out and about to see family or friends ect? have a good day LostAngelHeart

Hi @LostAngel you've found a great balance between getting things done, relaxing and keeping up with all the things that contribute to your wellbeing 💙 Do you tend to plan your day in advance, or see how you feel on the day? You mentioned you are studying, what are you studying at the moment?

My day is going well, thanks for asking 😊 I am the new community manager with Sane and it is my first week- I'm really enjoying spending on the forums today! I think I am going to build in some relaxation time this afternoon like you have- always nice to have that wind down time, maybe watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. 

Daisydreamer 🌼

Hi @Daisydreamer Im Studying Online,community Services Certifcate III and usually I either plan ahead or see how I feel it just depends on whats happening or how busy things are each week thanks for chatting Smiley Happy Ive heard of Brooklyn 99 but havnt seen it as yet,just had red rooster for dinner and watching a movie with family overall today was good,have a great weekend Smiley HappyHeart

Hi @LostAngel 

Just wanted to check in and see how you are going this week? Did you have a good weekend?

Isn't it great that we can now access study online. How far through your course are you?

Hi @Daisydreamer I had a good weekend Smiley Happy today a few things to do but also still doing self care,felt a little light headed this morning but otherwise Im doing good today,for some reason I treated myself to a vanilla slice and iced coffee for breakfast,will get some study done soon,making some plans of what Id like to do tomorow,but still need to focus on today,had a great nights sleep last night Smiley Happyhope your doing well this week,LostAngel 

forgot to mention I"m halfway through study, there is 2 semesters and a workplacement,Im almost at the end of semester one so should be starting semester two next year, just not sure of when placement will be wether its between semester one and semester two or at the end of semester two
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance