Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: health anxiety

hi @May23 sorry youve been through so much with injuries and work as well. that must be rather difficult to be having to manage. im also glad your pain and injury were validated as well

Hi @outlander 

It was a massive relief to be validated especially after being repeatedly told I was faking or exaggerating what I was experiencing. 

When you get injured at work you should be supported not traumatized. I just hope that my case will end these bullies reign of terror. 

hi @outlander yes I hike. Haven't had a chance to for 2 weeks as I've started new job, really missing the cardio exercise but hopefully will get a chance to hike this weekend.

i can imagine it would be relief @May23 ive felt relief after being validated after being ignored or pushed away for a while.

yes i agree, you should be supported not traumatised. i really hope that things start to go your way and you start to get the support you deserve.

its great youve started your new job @BryanaCamp maybe try that Zumba or something for a cardio workout?

I don't like zumba or any other classes as they're claustrophobic & too many people @outlander I need to be out in the bush by myself with plenty of room where I can curse if I need to if my psychotic symptoms come up, I'm going hiking this weekend & will get my cardio there.

thats ok, i hadnt even thought of groups to be honest. i only thought of the zumba dvds you can buy to do at home @BryanaCamp
hope you enjoy your hiking over the weekend

Yes I sure do, it’s my main trigger. In the last 5 months I have had kidney scans, lymph scans, blood tests and so on. Yet everyday I can’t help but google and my 2 biggest are heart attack and cancer of some form. 

hi @Jack4 and welcome im sorry you experience this as well. its so hard sometimes isn't it!
do you have any supports to help with whats happening for you?
I know that when im feeling triggered I have to stay away from my phone and computer otherwise I go abit crazy looking up symptoms then spirals from there

No supports currently. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance