Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shaz51
Community Guide

heading towards a mental breakdown

Hello everyone 

my Mr shaz said this afternoon that he is heading towards a mental breakdown 

how can i help him through this 

68 REPLIES 68

Re: heading towards a mental breakdown

@Shaz51  am so sorry to hear this. From my own experience (I had a 3 year nervous breakdown) what's needed is peace and rest. No stress. No work. No pressure to make decisions. I know this might be hard or sound impossible for your Mr Shaz. 😞 

Also what's needed if he does actually have a mental breakdown is a psychiatrist who can prescribe suitable meds for severe depression, and also talk therapy if possible. The stronger meds are what finally made a difference to me. But hopefully Mr Shaz can avoid a full breakdown. 

Thinking of you both 💚

@Shaz51 @NatureLover  Hey Shaz51 and NatureLover I agree totally with NatureLover. Definately see a doctor asap. The right medication. Rest  Dont forget you need to look after yourself too Shaz51. xxx

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear that mr shaz is heading for a break down. 

ive had 4 break downs over the last 7 years. 

Do you have family or friends for support? 
because this is going to help you through this. Just letting someone know close to you know what's happening with yourself will give you and your support person a way to seek further help. 

have you been diagnosed with an illness? 

if so make sure you are still taking your medication and let your clinician know what's happening. 

if you haven't been diagnosed with an illness please seek immediate help 

please reach out if you need someone to talk to I am here you ok just know you are not alone. 

thank you @NatureLover@greenpea@Stacy1 Heart

yes mr shaz has had lots of years with different diagnosis added, the last one was bipolar 11

he is on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds @Stacy1 

he has cancelled all mental health team help ages ago 

sooo much as happened over the last few months , thinking it is a buildup of everthing 

thank you @pisces_1@Bow Heart

@Shaz51  I was also on anti-depressants for the full 3 years of my nervous breakdown, but they weren't strong enough. When I saw the new psychiatrist she swopped my meds and it made all the difference. I'm sorry to hear Mr Shaz cancelled his mental health team support. I hope he feels able to maybe connect again with them to avoid a full nervous breakdown. Is it possible for him to take a week or two off work totally, and have no stress and just rest for that time?

@NatureLover, i think mr shaz would love to stop work altogether -- we are self employed xx

@Shaz51 

oh no now I can imagine just what he is going through, being self employed isn't easy. 

please let me know if you want my number I'll be happy to help more

@Shaz51  I know you're both self-emplyed, that's why I said I recognise how hard or impossible it might feel to take time to rest 😞 All I can say is that I hope Mr Shaz can somehow take the steps to avoid a full nervous breakdown 😞 Sending many best wishes Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance