Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

When you can't afford it.

I am meant to go back to the eye hospital for most tests on my eyes regarding unknown doubl vision and other problems, but I can't afford it. I also can't get the new glasses I need. I can't afford to get the tests I need for my brain tumour. Meds are expensive too. And I had to stop seeing my physiologist because I couldn't afford it anymore. 

And don't get me started on everything mental health. Psychs, therapists, counsellors, etc. 

Medicare is shit and im luvku my GP bulk bills. 

Sorry about the rant. But I hate it how everything is about the money. Once I pay rent I'm not left with much. It sucks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When you can't afford it.

@The-red-centaur  Hi The-red-centaur and you are right it does suck that everything is about money or lack of it. Sorry to hear you have so much going on re health problems. Am racking my brain trying to think of a way you can at least borrow the money that you need. I know that centrelink does loans for things at no interest so maybe they could help..... other than that I am at a loss. greenpea xxx

Sorry to hear about your troubles @The-red-centaur, is there community or council services that may be able to help you with expenses? 

hi @the-red-centuar
it seriously sucks that everything revolves around money thats for sure.

There is something called 'The No Interest Loan Scheme' and can be found quite easily when you search it up. also called a NILS loan.
You cant use to pay bills however you can use it for medical expenses such as optometry etc.
Perhaps that might be of help to you

My dad's going to lend me some money
Moved:

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance