Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking on the road to recovery ........ 🤔

I'm very much like you @Teej in the way my mind works. Some things I grasp easily, others I dither and stumble over, and people get exasperated with me. I too am trying to accept that this is my me, and those parts of me are set in stone and unlikely to change. I put it down to the inconsistency in my childhood of staggered learning and hindered development. I had no control over that, so I'm trying to be kind to myself (even though I hate and fear it also) that is a unique trait of mine and that people need to show kindness & understanding that everyone has different learning/responding styles.

It sounds like everything is hitting you hard with the reality stick. And that hurts and is jumbled and messy.

Even though you are struggling you are not the same person from three months ago. You are coping better already, reaching out for help & you're taking the right steps to change and a calmer life for yourself. Be very proud of yourself for hanging in there despite what your mind is telling you.

Sending you a 🤗 and I'll have one back please. 💕

Thanks @Sans911 . More than happy to send a hug back. 💜🤗. Maybe a few more too just in case 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

I don’t know where to start or what to say. I find myself in a strange headspace. Lots has happened and I’ve shut down a few times including once today. 

I’m not needing support but more just trying to dip my toe back into forum land. I am feeling quite unsure of myself and who I am lately and know my sense of self is being put through the ringer. Really really needing psych appointment this week. I don’t have much to say at this point but I’ll probably be skipping in and out of the forum for a bit, but dodging around the edges a bit.  

@CheerBear I resonate so much with lots you wrote on checking in, when to stop and when to push yourself and when to rest. I think about will there ever be an end to the drama in my life or do I create the drama or just not find ways to cope with it. Many what ifs in my head. 

I've been thinking of you heaps @Teej. Feeling with and hearing you big time.

Lots of ❤

@Teej Heart

Hearing to too @Teej  with so much more than my eyes. Words are hard to come by, but lots of these for you. 💜💕💜💞❤️

Nice to hear from you @Teej. Sorry for the tough situation you're in

Checking in @Teej, wondering how you're going if you'd like to share (knowing it can be hard to sometimes). Thinking of you 💜

hello @Teej  and sending you hugs Heart

Hello @Sans911 , @Maggie , @Snowie 

@CheerBearyou are soooo awesome my co GC xxxxxx

😘 @Shaz51. You are such a great friend and support to so many of us. You're very appreciated ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance