Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported

I can't do this taking a heap of meds and crawling into bed. 

cant sleep ,probly staying up want to sleep but cant sleep still feeling distant from family,I want to talk to family but keep coming up with excuses not to reach out to family,lol I even thought of reaching out to the online dating guy Ive been talking to just to say goodnight or something ,it doesnt help that things are so quiet here ,want to talk to just anyone right now so thats why in a way it would easier to talk to the online dating person rather than someone I know,some of my thoughts are even about what my families negative reactions would be just for me needing to talk to them about not being able to sleep tonight and pluss what there negative reaction would be I can cleary imagine what there negative reaction would be from family about online dating,why am I thinking that one of my cousins reactions would be that they dont care and its my life choice ect even though realistically I hope that wouldnt be the reaction,but yeah I can t sleep but Im telling myself to stay silent and try to sleep anyway gosh 

I messaged a family member but then saw they where on facebook so I quickly thought no I wont bother and have now put phone on do not disturb even though I still cant sleep and need to talk to someone I wont allow myself still to talk about things seriously whats wrong with me? geuss Ill just listen to music and wollow in feeling lonely I hate feeling lonely especially at night when my mind decides to overthink about just everything but yet I still keep telling myself to keep silent,just sleep,dont bother anyone,they havnt got time for my issues,basically trying to convince myself that people feel the opposite of caring towards me orwell at least one thing today accomplished watching a whole nother netflix series in 2 days straight goodnight hope everyone else can unwind and sleep

Hello @MDT 

Hiping u r feeling beter! If i don't sound too harsh, Hang onto that job even if don't like IMHO. Where i am they r hard to come by.  Best wishes from Melly 

Hey Melly
agreed.

Not until I find something else will I leave this one @Mellysmellyelly

Just a really tough time atm

Hello Bow just saw yr post from yesterday. Sometimes wr need lots of meds to keep us alive and it is especially good to stay alive when we have children. My parents both took anti depressants among other meds but i am extremely thankful that they had faith and never took their lives. Re your bad memories have u ever tried EMDR the rapid eye movement treatment. i found it very helpful. Hang in there, lots love Melly  cc @Jynx @Lostandalone @LostAngel @MDT 

I didn't know this Safe Room existed.

There are many Threads that I cannot find easily, or don't know are there.

I just found this one by accident - Whilst Notifications are not working.

Adge

Hope you are ok dear @Adge 

Sorry it's been a lonely night. Big hugs always my friend 🤗

I think I just need to sit in a safe place tonight. This afternoon has reminded me of why I need help. But how can I get help when my psych gives up on me? Perhaps I am just not worth it, perhaps I should just stop trying to survive.

Hi @Snowie,

Sounds like a really hard night. Great self care with recognising the need to sit in a safe place tonight and look after yourself. Sounds like this afternoon has been a big trigger for yourself. Please reach out to the crisis services if needed and continue to touch base with us all here tonight as needed. We are all here with you .
Please take care,
Radius

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance