Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Thanks so much, @Dimity ! My rental inspection is next Thursday, so the pressure's on! 😮

Sounds like you are in Melbourne like me? The 36 on Saturday means I will be washing all my bedding including douna and mattress protector, hopefully before any rain happens...

Sounds like you did well yesterday with your sorting and throwing out...I can relate to the "contemplate, agonise" bit! 

Yes @NatureLover I'm in Melbourne and not really looking to the heat. But I guess it will be good drying weather 

I've shifted some stuff from the spare room to the living room so I can work through it. There's a surprising amount of shredding in old notebooks and diaries, it takes a lot of bin space! I'm starting to look forward to finding some of my old craft projects but that might be a while yet. I'm not sure where I stashed them.

@Dimity  I can relate to losing stuff. Once I found my original birth certificate in a box full of trash! 😮

There's a lot of stuff I should shred, but I gave up and just chucked them in the bin. I still shred financial documents though. 

I hope you can find your craft projects soon...

@NatureLover lucky you found your birth certificate.  One reason I'm slow is I'm looking at everything before I discard it. 

I've found where some of my craft stuff is, I stored it offsite. I might be able to pick it up next week. 

I hope you can start on your boxes tomorrow as planned. I've got a bit bogged down but will take a bag or two to the op shop next time I go to the regional shopping centre.

hope all is okay with yours @

@Dimity wrote:

One reason I'm slow is I'm looking at everything before I discard it. 

@Dimity  I absolutely have to look at everything before I discard it. Not just look at it, but process it and any memories associated with it. Even a single piece of paper. You're right, it takes ages. 

I wasn't able to start my stored boxes yesterday and I cancelled my friend coming round to help me as I had a big upset in the morning. Hopefully start next week. 

It will be good to get your craft stuff back. And every bag of stuff to the opp shop is a win, well done. 

@Dimity  I gave myself a day off yesterday after my stressful week. My aim for this week is just to keep the house neat till Friday when my friend comes again to help. I am out every day this week so not much time at home anyway. 

What are your plans for this week?

Hi @NatureLover that sounds sensible.  I've lost steam the last few days so my goal for this week is to get back to it and keep plugging on. 

@Dimity  I think it's OK to have a few days off... But I am impressed at how you keep plugging on. 

@NatureLover I'm still trying to do a bit each day. Today I got more boxes from where I'd stored them. I sorted some bric-a-brac and pictures but am already having second thoughts on some. It's a process and sometimes I have to do it in stages. I'll be happy if I can keep chipping away at it... not sure that's the best way of putting it, as  I don't really enjoy it.    

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance