Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Virtual Village - a space for parenting 'stuff'

Hope you are well? @Shaz51 

❤️

Not too good tonight my @Former-Member 

How are you my awesome friend xx  

Hello @CheerBear , @destructive , @Faith-and-Hope , @Determined  

How do people cope with mum guilt?

not doing the best and then tonight my boy hurt himself twice because of my stupid negligence. In the bath (I was in with him) but I was a bit disconnected and he stood up and hit his face bad on the tap then just before bed I was calling the dog in and he was standing at the top of the step. The dog wouldn't come so I went to the Botton of the steps (about 4) and chased her in but he leaned forward to try catch her as she went by him and went head first flipped down the stairs. I think he's ok. He calmed down and was walking and is in bed now but I'll probably be checking on his all night in panic. I always feel like such a bad mum. Sometimes I'm just not mentally present enough. And I know it makes me even a worse mum but all I want to do now is punish myself

You are not a bad mum @destructive 

Give your son a hug , he loves you 

You are ok , your son is ok , all is good 

Time now to relax and  take a big breath 

@CheerBear , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Determined 

Thank you @Shaz51 😊😘

Have a lovely evening 

@destructive  😕

It is so easy to do. Especially when running on empty. It definatly does not make you a bad mum.

I have had many moments like that with my boys when they were little. Sending an encouraging hug.  Hope today is a better day for you. 

Thanks @Determined  and @Shaz51 

im not any better. But he's ok physically 

every day that creeps by I realise more and more that I need to somehow get better, stop doing bad things I don't want him exposed to, but then the next day I do the same thing. Soon enough he'll have language and then he'll get to an age where I can't just pretend he'll forget what he sees. 
I don't really know how to get help for those things because I feel like I choose them so it's silly getting some sort of treatment when the problem is I just need to stop. I'm my own worst enemy. I have no idea if any of that makes sense. If I ruin him I know I won't be able to live with myself

Was going to put a post up about parenting... particularly single parents while navigating a mental illness, but then came across this thread. 

I really struggle at the moment. My little one is 5 and I have her 100% of the time apart from 1/2 day visit 3 out of 4 weekends, she also goes to preschool one day a week. 

I feel like a terrible mum at the moment. I just don’t have the energy or motivation to play and do stuff. I just can’t be bothered. I get so frustrated when I get asked to play monopoly for the 4th time in one day. 

Meal times, bed times, shower times, they are all such an effort and she knows it. 

How do you get through the week? Even the day or hour?!

@Ameth  come and meet some awesome members and parents @Bow@destructive@Determined , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope 

Thank you for having me. It has been a tough weekend so far and trying to figure out where to go and what to do next. But it is a fresh sunny day so I will definitely get some vitamin D and do a walk. Thanks for having me and hope you are all well!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance