Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: A New Chapter- Getting unstuck, staying safe and being honest

@Sans911 

I am glad you are getting back to ok. I am sorry your night turned out like that after you seemed to really enjoy youself. There is probbaly not much more that I can add because you seem to be extremely good at self reflection after it has happened. I will say however, please do not be too angry with yourself. We all have different set backs at times.

I am glad you are going on the retreat tomorrow as I know weekends are tricky for you. Take care of yourself because you are worth it. Big hugs Sans ❤❤❤ 

My tag didnt come through. Will be back @Sans911 i care very much ❤❤

Hi @Sans911

Sounds like the dinner conversation and company was a hit, but yes, overthinking can ruin things. I have fallen prey to that myself at times - can also make sleep near impossible. Those negative thoughts of "self doubt" about ourselves ruminating in our heads can rob us of joy. But the good part is you are aware of it. And when we are aware of what is bringing us down we have something to work on that can bring about positive change and a better quality of peace of mind.

I hope the retreat tomorrow goes well for you. If self doubt assails don't give it focus - think of all the good things instead about the day but especially about yourself ; how you do your best by getting out there without giving up. How you care about and help others - you are valued. You are not stupid. You are needed. You are worthy for "who you are". You have what it takes to succeed @Sans911. Keep going...

Good morning @Sans911 🙂

I too didn't get this tag, which is strange because it looked like it has tagged.

The overthinking thing is one of those seriously frustrating ones that does like to turn the reasonable or good into really not ok for me too. The flip side to having a great thinking brain is that you can see what is going on, which it sounds like you can see clearly.

It's really great to hear that you went out and that you did enjoy yourself. I can't do conversations like the one you mentioned with the "crazy" talk :S Well done to you on being able to realise it was worth it to let go of last night.

I hope this weekend is good for you and that you enjoy yourself.

🙂

@CheerBear Thank you, but my brain isn't always 'great thinking' lol. It fails me regularly.

You have successfully gotten through 100% of everything you have faced so far @Sans911, with that brain in your head 🙂 It might not always work the way you want it to but it seems to have done it's job. I hope for you the overthinking bit can slow down this weekend so you can enjoy yourself and take some time to recharge Heart

@CheerBear some days that getting through is by the skin of my teeth, but yes I'm still here. And no, it doesn't work the way I want, but I'm trying to accept I'm doing all I can right now to take care of myself. Some things I can't have the way I would like, but I'm also trying to accept that I will have those things again, or a life worth living; it just maybe differ to how I planned it or imagined.

Sounds like we are working on a similar kind of thing @Sans911. Not an easy task but probably a really important one.

You're doing the best you can with what you have right now, and that is about all you can do I think.

Aren't we lucky to have skin on our teeth 😉

Big hugs Sans911 Heart

@Sans911 truer words were never spoken :

'A New Chapter- Getting unstuck, staying safe and being honest' ...   I should have that tattoed on my forehead.

hugs sis @Sans911 hopeing you going ok today, will be around later if you need to chat im really glad you had other members here to chat too

hugs and hugs Heart Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance