Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Take some time out, take a snap shot, and send us a post card!

As a carer, time out is important. But now that it's winter time and it's cold and grey, I find that I'm tempted to just stay inside. To me, this makes it even more important to make an effort to get out and about. For some people, they can recharge by staying indoors, but for me, getting out into the fresh air means a lot to my well-being.

So this thread is about making sure we take some time out and sharing this experience with others. We often enjoy getting a post card from our friends who are on holidays. It can make us feel like we're on holidays too.

So take some time out, have a mini break or a long break! And then post photos, pictures, and/or comments on where you went. 

Send us a post card!

(Just make sure any photos are non-identifiable and anonymous) 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Take some time out and send us a post card!

Here's my post card...

I went away camping over the weekend, it was a cold night but then I woke up to this:

time out.jpg

Last week I took time off and went to a restaurant in High Street, northcote with two of my grandsons. Here they are, hand in hand, walking in front of me. We had a great Thai meal. I loved it.tane and remy.jpg

That's a very kool pic.........very surreal.

Harry

Re: Take some time out, take a snap shot, and send us a post card!

What a fun thread CherryBomb. I will put my mind to this and send along some pics for sure.

Harry

This is my postcard 🙂

It's a gift from a colleague after I joked I wanted a tacky souvenir. While this technically doesn't represent me taking some time out... it is something I look at when I need a mini vacation... in my mind... while working 🙂

photo.JPG

Hey NikNik

Thats really ummmmmm.......................hehehehehehehe. I do like snow cones. I do like the idea of having a mini vacation.

Harry

Thanks Harry,
hehe - what I love about it is that it's from San Fran... where I'm pretty sure it doesn't snow 🙂

Hi there, I just read this thread - some excellent pics here!! Keep them coming!!

This photo was taken on my way back from picking up fish and chips. I was treated to something beautiful on my weekend trip away from suburbia.guilderton sunset.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance