Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Still a work in progress @Former-Member  but I am not happy with some of the finer points. 

Kind of wish I had just put up with the hail damage at the moment. 

It is a complex job but felt confident that the guy quoting was up to the task. Problem the job has been subcontracted. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

It is an insurance job so will be discussing it with insurer is I don't get any joy with the builder tomorrow. 

This is something I saved some time ago and came across again tonight and thought it may be helpful to others. It helps me to see some of these behaviours are not unique and see them for what they are, symptoms of an illness not traits of a defective personality. It is understanding this that has helped me to endure some 'bumpy roads'. 

Screenshot_20190721-195925.jpg

Had a panic attack and almost meltdown in class this morning. I actually walked out of class to come home and check out something building related that I was getting all worked up about.

Finally got confirmation this afternoon of a meeting for tomorrow with the building 'supervisor' (so called) to discuss issues with our re roofing job. Something that was requested a week ago.  Something that if addressed earlier (or better still had been done properly in the first place) could have resolved a lot of anxiety. Because it has taken so long to get to the point of this meeting I am quite emotional about it and this is becoming to spill over and affect my ability to manage other 'problems' 

Screenshot_20190725-135636_Gallery.jpg

On a positive note.

Considering how wound up and on edge I am Darling is holding it together surprisingly well. It is often when I am on edge that the wheels really fall off for her. 

@Determined 

Sending gentle thoughts your way. 

Well builder did not bother to show up this afternoon at the agreed time and without the courtesy of a call or explanation. Replied to a polite but blunt email with another week excuse that again contradicted what his guys were telling me.  Anxiety is currently at 11/10.

This afternoon I also  received an email from one of the boys school regarding an alleged altercation. Another 'witch hunt' in progress. 

Still have not received any feedback from the last one. 

I was concerned this afternoon that darling was going to go out and tell the roofing guys on site what was on her mind. 

This may not have been overly productive so thankful she agreed to let me sort it out. 

Trust that a solution will become available to you  @Determined 🙏

sending you hugs @Determined Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance